Pentaxian

it's just right, not overprocessed. this could do well in a contest

06-07-2018, 09:57 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ignath Quote
it's just right, not overprocessed.

this could do well in a contest
Second line line doesn't automatically preclude the first!!
{But you are right}
06-07-2018, 11:59 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Second line line doesn't automatically preclude the first!!
{But you are right}
definitely. those were 2 independent statements
06-13-2018, 09:23 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
This was taken near sunset as sunlight illuminated some lower parts of bridge. The recessed portions were in deep shadow so I used a handheld bracket (0, -2, +2) to give me processing flexibility.

I first tried processing a single exposure in LR, playing with shadows and contrast, but could not get a pleasing result. I wanted to show the dark details beneath the bridge, not blow out the sky, and maintain a reasonable amount of contrast in the image. I then tried HDR; HDR is a very "polarizing" subject and I tried to use only enough to get the job done. Opinions appreciated.

Exposures 0, -2, +2
Nik HDR Efex Pro

Really nice. I think the processing looks very natural, definitely not overdone. I like the composition a lot too. The only thing that I see is that you need to correct for lens distortion and that's attracting my eye.

06-19-2018, 08:11 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Congrats! Nice work. The best HDR images are always the ones you can't tell it's an HDR image.

Gesendet von meinem Mi A1 mit Tapatalk
07-04-2018, 11:30 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This was taken near sunset as sunlight illuminated some lower parts of bridge. The recessed portions were in deep shadow so I used a handheld bracket (0, -2, +2) to give me processing flexibility.

I first tried processing a single exposure in LR, playing with shadows and contrast, but could not get a pleasing result. I wanted to show the dark details beneath the bridge, not blow out the sky, and maintain a reasonable amount of contrast in the image. I then tried HDR; HDR is a very "polarizing" subject and I tried to use only enough to get the job done. Opinions appreciated.

Exposures 0, -2, +2
Nik HDR Efex Pro

This is a very strict composition. Lots of lines. Very well.
07-17-2018, 08:21 AM   #22

Exposures 0, -2, +2
Nik HDR Efex Pro

Nics!

07-24-2018, 09:05 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Exposures 0, -2, +2
Nik HDR Efex Pro

Love it!
07-27-2018, 06:39 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Exposures 0, -2, +2
Nik HDR Efex Pro

I really could not see any overprocessing untill I read you mentionin it in description.

The bridge itself looks very nice and I would not change it.
One thing that I would consider is working with spot changes on the background, as in my opinion it looks too brioght and unnatural. So maybe some more shadows on those buildings?
07-28-2018, 09:33 AM   #25

I share the opinion, wich has expressed by quite some others: Althought I am in generale not so much infovour of HDR, because it easily looks unnatural, I do like this picture and don't find it overprocessed. Great shot!
07-29-2018, 04:32 PM   #26

Very nice composition but I do find the HDR effect a bit distracting.
08-05-2018, 07:01 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Exposures 0, -2, +2
Nik HDR Efex Pro

Not overprocessed at all; this is great!
10-01-2019, 08:10 AM   #28

Exposures 0, -2, +2
Nik HDR Efex Pro

Love to see different perspectives of world known places. Great one!
10-01-2019, 01:21 PM   #29
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks good to me. Great colour!
10-03-2019, 02:43 AM   #30
Pentaxian

Exposures 0, -2, +2
Nik HDR Efex Pro

interesting the POV. Perhaps correct the lines a little on the background overview