Photos: Albums
Street light

Thank you for your thoughts.
Cheers

04-24-2017, 06:32 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice and simple. The geometric patterns work well here, so I think the composition is effective. Perhaps more contrast would further spice up the image.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-25-2017, 08:58 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you Adam. I try not to abuse the high contrast. Do not see the point to use the high end lenses and kill detail, unless to hide imperfections of shot.
Cheers.
06-27-2018, 12:30 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pavpen Quote
Cheers
Wauw. This image coould be anything or everything. Interesting angle of view.

06-27-2018, 12:49 PM   #5

Love it, with that angle it looks like a completely flat surface
06-27-2018, 07:10 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Who said UFO photos were always out of focus and blurry?

Seriously well captured and processed.
06-27-2018, 07:10 PM   #7
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Love it! Reminds me of space!

08-05-2018, 06:59 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Cheers
Stunning! That cloud adds just the right touch.
08-05-2018, 07:05 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you all.
Cheers.
08-05-2018, 09:21 PM   #10
Veteran Member

A rather ordinary subject (no offense), but well seen and presented here. The shapes and textures become more interesting the longer I look at it.

I'm not sure if it's a dirty sensor or the light itself, but there appears to be some sort of marks close to the outer ring of the light, near the pole, which resemble sensor smudges that you might think about cloning out. This might sound strange too, but you might try reversing the image so the clouds are on the right, just to see how it reads.

I do like it though. In fact, this is probably going to sound odd to some, but I would say it's one of my all-time favorites from this forum.

EDIT: And I see it's been dug up from 2017 now. At least it was worth it, LOL!
08-10-2018, 06:39 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JHfwp Quote
A rather ordinary subject (no offense), but well seen and presented here. The shapes and textures become more interesting the longer I look at it.

I'm not sure if it's a dirty sensor or the light itself, but there appears to be some sort of marks close to the outer ring of the light, near the pole, which resemble sensor smudges that you might think about cloning out. This might sound strange too, but you might try reversing the image so the clouds are on the right, just to see how it reads.

I do like it though. In fact, this is probably going to sound odd to some, but I would say it's one of my all-time favorites from this forum.

EDIT: And I see it's been dug up from 2017 now. At least it was worth it, LOL!
Thank you JHfwp.
I'm away from my computer and can't check original pic for mark and reversing. It couldn't be dirty sensor because this is the film.
Cheers.
08-11-2018, 08:48 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Thank you JHfwp.
I'm away from my computer and can't check original pic for mark and reversing. It couldn't be dirty sensor because this is the film.
Cheers.
You're kind to reply. I'm not sure my suggestion to try reversing it works either, now that I've had time to think about it. I think a "great job" would have sufficed, lol.
08-11-2018, 08:22 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JHfwp Quote
You're kind to reply. I'm not sure my suggestion to try reversing it works either, now that I've had time to think about it. I think a "great job" would have sufficed, lol.
It's almost a week as I and my family are away from civilization in the little house at the lake in the middle of Vermont. Hopefully, I'll bring something valuable for this forum.
Cheers.
08-21-2018, 10:04 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Street light

perfect composed
08-22-2018, 02:10 PM   #15

I like the cloud to add a sense of reality.