Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2017, 07:43 PM   #1
Senior Member
tonver's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: miami, florida
Posts: 239
Aningha in the Everglades
Lens: FA J 75-300mm F4.5-5.8 Camera: k-r Photo Location: South Florida Everglades ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F6.7 

Please, help me improve my photographic skills,It was taken almost at sunset, 7:30pm the PP was cropping, some saturation and increasing the sharpness.
I used Corel Paintshop, Thanks in advance for the advise and help.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
07-24-2017, 08:31 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
micromacro's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Florida
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,679
I would suggest cropping more eliminating too much rocks from the left, but the bird seems not in perfect focus, most likely due to moving. Focusing on anhinga is a bit tricky, the narrow head is too narrow ))) to nail the perfect focus on the eye. I usually try to focus somewhere near on neck , and use burst mode.
07-24-2017, 11:04 AM   #3
Senior Member
tonver's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: miami, florida
Posts: 239
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
I would suggest cropping more eliminating too much rocks from the left, but the bird seems not in perfect focus, most likely due to moving. Focusing on anhinga is a bit tricky, the narrow head is too narrow ))) to nail the perfect focus on the eye. I usually try to focus somewhere near on neck , and use burst mode.
Thank you, Lana,
I did not use burst mode, and yes it is difficult to focus specially hand held, even when my model was somehow static.
need to exercise patience and use the right tools and settings
Thank you very much.
07-24-2017, 11:23 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
micromacro's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Florida
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,679
Yes, patience. And slow approaching the subject. A little step when they are not looking at your direction. Hunting egrets are easy, they stare at water. As for anhinga, it depends, you can get really close to some of them, but often they will not let you do it.
Birding is fun, it's like hunting without killing. Enjoy!

07-24-2017, 04:45 PM   #5
Senior Member
tonver's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: miami, florida
Posts: 239
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
Yes, patience. And slow approaching the subject. A little step when they are not looking at your direction. Hunting egrets are easy, they stare at water. As for anhinga, it depends, you can get really close to some of them, but often they will not let you do it.
Birding is fun, it's like hunting without killing. Enjoy!
I also think from your response that knowing your subject is more important that what I though.... I will spend more time just watching the birds and their behavior.
Thank you Lana,

Tony V.
07-24-2017, 05:27 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
micromacro's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Florida
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,679
QuoteOriginally posted by tonver Quote
I will spend more time just watching the birds and their behavior
Tony, I studied birds on a go, with the camera. I even did not know what kind of birds they are when I started, I checked google after shoots The more you shoot them, the more you learn.
07-05-2018, 01:23 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
henrikpedersen33's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Roskilde, Denmark
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,379
QuoteOriginally posted by tonver Quote
Please, help me improve my photographic skills,It was taken almost at sunset, 7:30pm the PP was cropping, some saturation and increasing the sharpness.
I used Corel Paintshop, Thanks in advance for the advise and help.
Is this picture sharp?
07-17-2018, 12:13 AM   #8
Forum Member




Join Date: Dec 2015
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 51
QuoteOriginally posted by tonver Quote
Please, help me improve my photographic skills,It was taken almost at sunset, 7:30pm the PP was cropping, some saturation and increasing the sharpness.
I used Corel Paintshop, Thanks in advance for the advise and help.
A tiny bit more contrast would have benefited this shot which is absolutely excellent otherwise.

07-18-2018, 10:09 AM   #9
Senior Member
tonver's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: miami, florida
Posts: 239
Original Poster
Tatty,
Thanks for your input, I will try it and see.

Thank you,


Tony V
08-05-2018, 06:53 AM   #10
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Prague
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,163
QuoteOriginally posted by tonver Quote
Please, help me improve my photographic skills,It was taken almost at sunset, 7:30pm the PP was cropping, some saturation and increasing the sharpness.
I used Corel Paintshop, Thanks in advance for the advise and help.
Good capture!
08-06-2018, 07:51 AM   #11
Senior Member
tonver's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: miami, florida
Posts: 239
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photogoof Quote
Good capture!
Thanks for viewing.
Tony V.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
critique, photography
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Landscape Everglades Landscape emalvick Post Your Photos! 5 08-05-2018 11:27 AM
"Shark Valley" Everglades National Park snooked Post Your Photos! 2 05-30-2007 06:28 AM
Everglades Deer snooked Post Your Photos! 3 10-20-2006 07:22 PM
Everglades Sunset snooked Post Your Photos! 2 10-19-2006 04:42 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:53 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top