Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
08-25-2018, 10:46 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by WildPortraits Quote
As others have said the one out of focus leaf is a bit distracting. If taking the photo again, keep the composition, but either use a different aperture for more depth of field, or change the angle and shoot the leaves differently to avoid the same degree of focus difference between them and the flowers. But I like the overall balance between leaves and flowers.

Wildportraits, many thanks for your assistance.

TT

08-26-2018, 03:20 AM   #17
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
I would like some critique in regards to composition
I realise you only asked for composition critique but... IMHO you really must get and use only specimen flowers i.e. not past the their best or have absolutely no damage on them.
08-26-2018, 07:20 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I realise you only asked for composition critique but... IMHO you really must get and use only specimen flowers i.e. not past the their best or have absolutely no damage on them.
I understand what you are saying, KD. However, it is unrealistic to believe that it is possible to locate flowers that have no wilting or for that matter, bug bites. This is only amateur photography, so some imperfections are given more latitude. Thanks again,

TT
08-27-2018, 01:16 PM   #19
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
However, it is unrealistic to believe that it is possible to locate flowers that have no wilting or for that matter, bug bites. This is only amateur photography
I kinda disappointed to hear you say that, your telling me that on the bush, or on the next one next to it, you couldnae find a better example of that flower.

Especially when you've gone to great lengths to photograph it in the first place and your are worried about how best you can improve the composition of the shot. Even to the extent of asking members here for thoughts and ideas in order to achieve that end.

Surely if it's worth doing and to get the best result possible... either amateur or otherwise, you'd better off starting with a great subject matter, thus giving you a much more highly polished final image.

Or alternatively IMHO you'll need to spend much more time in PP, putting right natures damage.

08-27-2018, 11:46 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I kinda disappointed to hear you say that, your telling me that on the bush, or on the next one next to it, you couldnae find a better example of that flower.

Especially when you've gone to great lengths to photograph it in the first place and your are worried about how best you can improve the composition of the shot. Even to the extent of asking members here for thoughts and ideas in order to achieve that end.

Surely if it's worth doing and to get the best result possible... either amateur or otherwise, you'd better off starting with a great subject matter, thus giving you a much more highly polished final image.

Or alternatively IMHO you'll need to spend much more time in PP, putting right natures damage.

KD, If I could have found a better specimen, I would have photographed the better specimen. Like all of us, I have to work with what I am given.

Thanks for your comments. )

TT
08-29-2018, 08:29 PM   #21
Pentaxian

I think it looks great. I wouldn't change a thing other than maybe cool the white balance down a tad. But it still works well as is.
10-23-2019, 01:00 AM   #22

Focal Length 230mm, Manual Exposure Mode, No flash and used CWA Metering.

Thanks for viewing. I would like some critique in regards to composition. I was shooting for a smooth flow toward the subject. However, I am not confident that I have the subject in the proper position. Thanks for any and all assistance.

TT
Beautiful colors

12-23-2019, 10:15 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Focal Length 230mm, Manual Exposure Mode, No flash and used CWA Metering.

Thanks for viewing. I would like some critique in regards to composition. I was shooting for a smooth flow toward the subject. However, I am not confident that I have the subject in the proper position. Thanks for any and all assistance.

TT
Another fine flower image TT. Really wish I could do something like this. I always try but fail miserably.
12-23-2019, 10:40 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Lovely.
12-23-2019, 02:13 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Great composition and colors! I can't add anything to the upper comments.
12-23-2019, 02:54 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
I think it looks great. I wouldn't change a thing other than maybe cool the white balance down a tad. But it still works well as is.

Christian Rock, I thank you very kindly.

TT

---------- Post added 12-23-19 at 02:55 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
Lovely.

Much appreciated TSM.

TT
12-23-2019, 03:17 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Going to a shorter focal length would have increased DoF right off, without any exposure change. Just move in closer to the subject to keep the overall composition, removing the other stems certainly).
12-23-2019, 04:40 PM   #28
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BigDave Quote
Going to a shorter focal length would have increased DoF right off, without any exposure change. Just move in closer to the subject to keep the overall composition, removing the other stems certainly).
And it could very well be a flower further away and why he used his long lens to capture it. I doubt a shorter focal length, would have helped here, Dave.
12-24-2019, 10:08 PM   #29
Veteran Member

composition is nice....I just wish the out of focus ones on the left were not there