03-11-2018, 12:37 AM - 2 Likes   #1

julie

hello

My first participation here

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D800  Photo 
03-11-2018, 08:33 AM   #2

You have a good idea here. Your model seems to be leaning backwards so try a variety of poses and camera angles. If possible go back and work this scene, I really think it has the potential to be an exceptional image.
03-11-2018, 06:18 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

I agree with Lake, a few more poses may give you more options. Saying that, a great location, the colours of the band of graffiti contrast nicely with the solid colours of the walls and building. If it's your first showing then there is some great potential there, I look forward to seeing more.
03-12-2018, 02:18 AM   #4

Original Poster
thank: i have another poses

04-06-2018, 02:41 AM - 1 Like   #5
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I really like her pose on the rock, it creates tension. I have to disagree with everyone, the background is way too busy in color with the two walls of windows, contrasting brick colors, and graffiti. Black is a great color for drama but in this case the bright blue graffiti outshines the model taking your eye beyond her. There's also not enough contrast with the medium to dark colors in the background to make the dark outfit stand out therefore she gets lost in the background . It may work as a B&W. Her face is very soft, it looks like she was moving her head when you took the shot. Her face should be sharp since she is the subject. Keep working at it, you have good ideas and the model is perfect for the outfit.

Last edited by captureit; 04-06-2018 at 03:08 AM.
06-26-2018, 11:51 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by french Quote
hello

Nice and quite alright. But the background is disruptive. There is a bit of punk over her and then the graffity helps to tell the story. Maybe it is the tree and building that bothers me?
06-26-2018, 05:38 PM   #7
Forum Member

I absolutely love the background, especially the way the gray of the walls and pavement contrasts with the bright colors of the graffiti. I do see where the bright colors could distract from the main subject. I wonder if she had a colorful accessory like a blue sash or something like that would shift more attention back to the model. I have looked at it several times though and my eye always goes to the model first.

06-26-2018, 08:17 PM   #8
Veteran Member

The pose is not flattering for my taste, but maybe it was the whole idea. What distracts me is that tree, it takes away the attention from the model. It's like a see too bodies in black: the model and the tree body. Clone out the tree perhaps?
06-27-2018, 12:44 AM   #9
Pentaxian

I like the background, pose is a certain style thats fine by me. I love the lines leading it. I like it but something about the head area gets me. It looks 2d. It looks like the black hair is painted on the building almost. It also looks like her head is directly below that tree branch. I think if there is a way to make the space between her head and the wall and tree i would like this quite a bit. Maybe a graduated blur to background or add a rim highlight to her? I am guessing at a solution, i had to look long and hard to see what seemed odd intuitively and figure that out.
Thats my take.
08-25-2018, 02:14 PM   #10
Pentaxian

hello

Perfect background for this model!
08-26-2018, 09:20 AM   #11

I like where you are going with the model.
For me the background is too busy. If the model is the subject make her the subject the other elements are too distracting

---------- Post added 08-26-18 at 10:25 AM ----------

I like where you are going with the model.
For me the background is too busy. If the model is the subject make her the subject the other elements are too distracting. Lots to work with here. Maybe put her on the far left leading line against the wall in the same pose. I believe you have a good eye ... nice for a beginning. Can'twait to see more from you.
08-26-2018, 09:27 AM   #12

i love colors all around her!
08-29-2018, 03:03 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not the most flattering of poses, and I think I would also crop or shoot a little closer.
08-31-2018, 07:20 PM   #14

hello

Nice! I would crop a little bit from the right side to focus more on the model and graffiti.
10-09-2018, 02:07 PM   #15

the image has a really cool urban vibe / feel and the colours add to that urban mood

I feel the model is a little too small in the frame and can be rectified by doing an almost square crop , taking out the area to the left of the word "dance"

I feel too the model should be looking at the camera / viewer to create a bit of connection.

It's a lovely pic though and the model is fabulous.

Have you thought of doing a mono version ?