Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-11-2018, 06:14 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Time flies
Lens: Takumar 28-80 + extention tube Camera: Pentax K3 Photo Location: Indoors ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/6s Aperture: F16 

Finally got my macro table set up, so was looking around for something to test it out. Low light levels means a longer exposure, which in this case I think adds to it.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
06-25-2018, 12:36 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Liney Quote
Finally got my macro table set up, so was looking around for something to test it out. Low light levels means a longer exposure, which in this case I think adds to it.
Nice. You can actually see the time flies ;-)
06-26-2018, 12:35 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Low light levels means a longer exposure, which in this case I think adds to it.
A fine definition shot of "Tempus fugit".
06-26-2018, 10:47 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How much extension tube did you have it hanging off of?
Also in the description you said the exposure was 1/6s but in the picture it looks like it is probably .6s or that watch is running really fast. I should take a picture of one of my running mechanical watches as I do like the effect.

06-29-2018, 02:49 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MossyRocks Quote
How much extension tube did you have it hanging off of?
Also in the description you said the exposure was 1/6s but in the picture it looks like it is probably .6s or that watch is running really fast. I should take a picture of one of my running mechanical watches as I do like the effect.
I seem to recall it was about 28mm or 35mm of extension tube. The action of the watch means the second hand sweeps rather than increments by the second so it looks like it moved twice during the exposure time, so thinking about it you could be right with 0.6 of a second as opposed to 1/6th of a second.
06-29-2018, 03:11 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great detail even to the scratches on the glass
06-29-2018, 06:21 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

so it looks like it moved twice during the exposure time
It actually looks like it moved 3 times but the 3rd time it looks like it wasn't there for long before the shutter closed as there is a very faint line. That is why I was saying .6 seconds because the 3 dark lines cover what appears to be half a second so I guessed it would be a bit more with the faint 4th line for the second hand. That should be a pretty nice movement too at 6 beats per second.