Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-21-2018, 11:51 AM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Morgan aero 8 GT
Lens: DA 16-50 Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Geneva ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F4.5 

Trying to do some pp (cooler tones for instance). What do you think?
Thank You to let me know.
Kind Regards.
J.

Last edited by Jome; 05-19-2018 at 01:40 AM.
03-24-2018, 02:51 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
What a great opportunity to go to such a major auto show! I'm jealous! Your other pic of the BMW M8 caught my eye too. These are both very nice. The lighting variables can be quite the challenge at an indoor show like that. One of the things that is nagging at me in this photo is the color of the floor. I love a nice cool, icy-blue silver, but somehow the floor is giving off a yellow-green hue (on my screen) that, to me, is clashing with the car & kind of taking over the whole photo.

I hope you don't mind me taking the liberty, but I made a few simple adjustments that I think compliment the car a little bit better. Added a hue/saturation adjustment layer in PP - almost completely desaturated the yellows, and dropped the cyan a bunch, and the blues a little bit, too. (Masked off the yellow stripe and the vintage 3-wheeler in the back). I think it gives the silver of the car a much "cleaner" look.

Of course, this is all subjective, but I really think taking the color of the floor to a more neutral position will help you get the tone (warm or cool) you are looking for on the car. Hope this was helpful.

Would love to see an album of everything else there that day!
Attached Images

03-25-2018, 12:52 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by astonm Quote
What a great opportunity to go to such a major auto show! I'm jealous! Your other pic of the BMW M8 caught my eye too. These are both very nice. The lighting variables can be quite the challenge at an indoor show like that. One of the things that is nagging at me in this photo is the color of the floor. I love a nice cool, icy-blue silver, but somehow the floor is giving off a yellow-green hue (on my screen) that, to me, is clashing with the car & kind of taking over the whole photo.

I hope you don't mind me taking the liberty, but I made a few simple adjustments that I think compliment the car a little bit better. Added a hue/saturation adjustment layer in PP - almost completely desaturated the yellows, and dropped the cyan a bunch, and the blues a little bit, too. (Masked off the yellow stripe and the vintage 3-wheeler in the back). I think it gives the silver of the car a much "cleaner" look.

Of course, this is all subjective, but I really think taking the color of the floor to a more neutral position will help you get the tone (warm or cool) you are looking for on the car. Hope this was helpful.

Would love to see an album of everything else there that day!
Thank You very much for your feedback!

I am using the DCU 5.x software and it was an attempt to let the metallic color pop up a little.

I will probably create an album / Gallery but as I had an incredible rate of keepers, it is very difficult to make a choice (if You are interested by other pictures from that show, I posted some of them in the two following threads
prime, prime, everywhere a prime... - Page 199 - PentaxForums.com
The Bokeh Club - Page 724 - PentaxForums.com

Here is the direct outpout from the RAW with just an increase in exposure.

Last edited by Jome; 05-19-2018 at 01:40 AM.