Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-23-2018, 10:27 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Help with Composition.
Lens: Sigma 17-70 Camera: Pentax K-5 

Hello fellow Pentaxians, I need your help. Please let me know which composition you think is the best.

Thanks
Al

Comp-1

Comp-2

Comp-3

03-24-2018, 02:14 AM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by aacjr Quote
Hello fellow Pentaxians, I need your help. Please let me know which composition you think is the best.

Thanks

Al

Comp-1

Comp-2

Comp-3

I Think comp 2

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
03-24-2018, 04:53 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gerwinvis Quote
I Think comp 2

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
I agree
03-25-2018, 08:33 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
I'm a little concerned that all of them seem to have a tree growing out of her head.

Which when I were lad, all those years ago... composition wise, poles, trees, etc growing out of folks heads was an absolute no no.

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 03-26-2018 at 02:29 PM.
04-05-2018, 09:06 AM   #5

Nah Comp 3 is the best. Really accentuates the subject (the woman blending into the trees).
04-06-2018, 02:04 AM   #6
Forum Member

I agree with the tree growing out of her head. The contrast of the trees with the sky at the top draw your eye there and not to her. The monotonous pattern of the pine needles makes for the same pattern on her. A scenic with more variety of texture would be better. The portrait appears very soft I would try sharpening it a bit.
04-08-2018, 12:50 AM   #7
Veteran Member

For me it's #1.

The closer more tightly cropped shots have two issues to my eyes.

1: by cropping more closely you lose the instant recognition of the trees (especially #3) the fact that you've chosen to double expose over the trees tells me that they are intended to form some part of the final image, by losing them you may as well have not included them at all.

2: the trees do give an uneven texture to the lady's face, which works on the uncropped shot, however the more closely the shot is cropped, the more the texture overpowers her, much like how a mosaic looks fine from a distance, but when you get close it becomes somewhat jumbled looking.

I'd say #1, but maybe consider shifting the background so that her whole face/hair is visible, currently she looks a little too cramped between the white space of the sky.