Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2018, 09:02 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Trussell
Lens: tamron 28 - 75 Camera: K 1 Photo Location: at the Train Bridge ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/30s Aperture: F32 

I would greatly appreciate any ones feed back on this Image ! I'm taking about the LENS Flare ! IS this Normal ??
out of all the Lenses I currently own , Pentax 50mm, 1.8, Sigma 10-20mm 3.5 , Tamron 70-200mm 2.8, Pentax 150-450mm ,Pentax 16- 45mm 4 , Pentax 135mm 3.5

This Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 I can not go near the Sun at all with out getting this unwanted Flare , None of my other lenses do this to this extreme if not at all !

What am I missing Hear ?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
04-25-2018, 09:14 PM   #2
dms
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't have experience shooting at such a small aperture, but does the lens flare so much at much more open. If the aperture is very closed down there will be a lot of reflected light off the aperture blades, and some of this would be reflected back by glass elements in front of the aperture--i.e., flare.
04-25-2018, 09:41 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dms Quote
I don't have experience shooting at such a small aperture, but does the lens flare so much at much more open. If the aperture is very closed down there will be a lot of reflected light off the aperture blades, and some of this would be reflected back by glass elements in front of the aperture--i.e., flare.
this ones at 6.7
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
04-26-2018, 02:51 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Are you using the dreaded UV or any other clear glass filter ?
If you use similar filters on any of your other lenses and you don't experience the same problem or it is less pronounced it could simply mean that those lenses are better dealing with this problem of backward reflection because they have better or advanced lens coating.

Cheers

04-26-2018, 08:43 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Are you using the dreaded UV or any other clear glass filter ?
If you use similar filters on any of your other lenses and you don't experience the same problem or it is less pronounced it could simply mean that those lenses are better dealing with this problem of backward reflection because they have better or advanced lens coating.

Cheers
thank you for the reply Schraubstock , no I don't have any filter or cover of any kind , and it doesn't matter what Aperture high or low , however the lower the more extreme the flares , for the price of this lens I expected better , when I purchased the lens I did put a clear glass on it to protect the lens but wasn't long taking it off , it didn't seem to matter if one was on or not , I'm wondering if anyone with the same Lens is experiencing this same issue ! Thanks again for the input greatly appreciate it !

Alan