Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2018, 06:15 PM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Gallery
Street Art
Lens: 6mm Camera: Ricoh GRD IV Photo Location: Toronto ISO: 80 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F5 

Sidewalk chalk artist on Queen Street, Toronto Canada. SOOC dng

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
GR DIGITAL 4  Photo 
06-07-2018, 07:34 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Enrico F Quote
Nice image, nice angle, but the lighting is a bit hot. Fill Flash would have helped.
06-07-2018, 10:09 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigDave Quote
Nice image, nice angle, but the lighting is a bit hot. Fill Flash would have helped.

Thank you, the mid day light was very harsh.
06-07-2018, 10:44 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you, the mid day light was very harsh.
This is where fill flash is so helpful. Especially up close as you were, (I think) it helps open up the shadows so you don't need to over expose the rest of the image just to get detail in the face.
Regards,

06-26-2018, 12:01 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Try next time not to get that much disturbing background. Focus more on the painting she is doing.
07-12-2018, 08:27 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Question, did you just snap the picture or did you ask her permission? I am not one much into street photography and am not sure of the etiquette.
07-12-2018, 11:07 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi

The background is good, it relates to the street artist's environment and the woman walking past is almost the reason for taking the shot. The image is overexposed and this adds negatively to the harsh sunlight. The image is also out of colour balance, slightly on the green side. Probably a result of the harsh light. I have attempted to correct all this.

I am more into a slight crop and a perspective adjustment. Finally, the street artist (male or female, I can't figure it out) is there to attract attention and there should be no reason to complain if a photo is taken.

Cheers

Last edited by Schraubstock; 10-27-2018 at 10:49 PM.
07-14-2018, 08:17 AM   #8
Pentaxian

For some reason, I tend to crop other people's photos :-)

This condenses the image to just the three woman. I don't mind the lighting but I also darkened it just a hair and increased contrast just a little bit.

Last edited by SpecialK; 07-14-2018 at 08:31 AM.
07-19-2018, 01:25 AM - 1 Like   #9

Original Poster
Thank you, these comments are great, I'm starting to see where I could have done a few things differently in post.

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Hi

The background is good, it relates to the street artist's environment and the woman walking past is almost the reason for taking the shot. The image is overexposed and this adds negatively to the harsh sunlight. The image is also out of colour balance, slightly on the green side. Probably a result of the harsh light. I have attempted to correct all this.

I am more into a slight crop and a perspective adjustment. Finally, the street artist (male or female, I can't figure it out) is there to attract attention and there should be no reason to complain if a photo is taken.

Cheers

---------- Post added 07-19-18 at 01:27 AM ----------

I got down to her level with my camera and waiting a sec for the passing woman to get into frame, the artist didn't seem to mind and I gave her a tip afterwards.

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
Question, did you just snap the picture or did you ask her permission? I am not one much into street photography and am not sure of the etiquette.

---------- Post added 07-19-18 at 01:29 AM ----------

Thank you, this crop seem to work really well !

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
For some reason, I tend to crop other people's photos :-)

This condenses the image to just the three woman. I don't mind the lighting but I also darkened it just a hair and increased contrast just a little bit.