Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
06-14-2018, 09:08 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
These animals are designed to blend into their surroundings (*), so this is may be what we're stuck with if they're where they belong

(*) I've been told that at least some animals have a form of color-blindness that makes orange and green look the same, which is why tigers look as they do. Finding an animal like that is a happy time, unless he decides you'd make a good appetizer.
Valid point to make

06-14-2018, 09:29 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
@RGlasel; Thanks for having a try at the images, I may have to go back and see if they are still there. I prefer the third one of the variants you showed
06-14-2018, 09:49 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
I prefer the third one of the variants you showed
Actually, that one has the least amount of processing, you should be able to get close to the same result in Darktable by slightly increasing contrast and sharpness. Cropping like you did in your original post also helps, in my opinion. Unless it is an indoor shot with electric lights, I never adjust white balance and I gave up on fiddling with colour values a long time ago.

If you can get your crane to model for you again, I will be extremely impressed.
06-15-2018, 10:50 AM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I need to get a bunch of posts in before my in-laws arrive this afternoon, so I cropped the third variant, which made the noise in the original file more obvious. The copy below has had some noise reduction applied.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
06-15-2018, 03:28 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
I need to get a bunch of posts in before my in-laws arrive this afternoon, so I cropped the third variant, which made the noise in the original file more obvious. The copy below has had some noise reduction applied.
Best of the bunch so far
It shows that it might do for me to learn some PP skills.