Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
08-15-2018, 03:15 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
You could also have taken a headshot to show those magical eyes

08-31-2018, 07:11 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
I don't know what I was thinking about, but did not check focusing, the face is a bit, very little out of focus, and therefore I had hard time to edit it. I did not ask her phone number, and did not offer photo session, stupid me. ((( She was the visitor at local Ren Fest.

She is dead gorgeous, I even did not need any re-touch on her skin. White as porcelain doll, flawless skin. Amazing body. Her eyes are rare green, and I've met only a few people with such eyes in my life.
Sometimes mother nature works in full to create somebody like her.

But it seems like I did not deliver that message in this picture. And it bugs me that her eyes are not sharp.
Well done.
12-01-2018, 06:43 AM - 1 Like   #18

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In black and white I always bracket 1/2 stop five way, so I can choose the shot, and if in doubt use live focus peeking locked in. I sometimes attach a x1.4 ocular to the viewfinder, magnifies the eyes to check focus. Running a series of shots also helps immensely in post. In this photo, the scene is complex with little time to set exact exposure. My guess was at f2.4 but I chose the image up at 2.8. Small adjustments make a big difference.
Attached Images

12-01-2018, 11:05 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

In other circumstance, like a BW/sepia/distressed conversion, the overlay would work, but since the model's skin is a flawless white against a dark background and costume , the lower skirt of which has a complementary splash of color, the overlay obscures both of those.

Is it possible to crop a head and shoulders shot from the original?

12-03-2018, 11:49 AM - 1 Like   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Is it possible to crop a head and shoulders shot from the original?
I found the closer shot yesterday while re-doing my new LR catalog. I definitely will work again on her portraits. Hopefully I meet her again next year, it will be soon, either February, or March.
03-23-2019, 08:19 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I believe you have done quite an exceptional job with this beautiful young lady. I disagree that her eyes are out of focus, as they appear just fine to me. From what I can tell, it appears as though she is holding a long stemmed smoking pipe in her right hand. Not unusual these days as many females are switching from cigars to pipe smoking. Overall a tremendous portrait. Many thanks.

TT