Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-21-2018, 01:53 AM   #16
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Santiago Koroviev Quote
And there's nothing I can do
Everyone's talking about the left side... me, I wanted a bit more on the right for her to walk into and get her on a third.

What do you think?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
07-21-2018, 02:45 AM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
What do you think?
I don't know, too much space on the right, and rule of thirds doesn't work the way I like it here.
I wanted her to walk out of the frame and I think that goes well with picture storytelling.

Thanks anyway!
07-21-2018, 05:15 AM   #18

Hi,
Very expressive photo, but as some of the comments says - the object on the left side is kind of a distraction.
The cropping suggestions for works well but in general - a step or two further during the shot might be a better way to go in future.
08-07-2018, 12:34 AM   #19
Pentaxian

I see the point Kerrowdown is making - by giving the subject a bit more space on the right her escape from the center is accentuated. this way the picture breathes and actually I didnt notice before this version of the pic that she was holding the cigarette on a pipe.

08-08-2018, 02:20 AM   #20
Pentaxian

I like the cropped version. Nice candid shot.
08-08-2018, 09:16 AM   #21
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by shyrsio Quote
I see the point Kerrowdown is making
Thanks for your vote of confidence.

I thought that the PP to create something that wasn't there originally, made if more interesting too.
08-30-2018, 06:01 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice, especially in the 5:4 format!