Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2018, 09:49 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank you all, it's interesting to get so many different opinions. Frame looked good on local projected competition, I realized that I did it keeping in mind the projector. Got second place only, but it does not matter really. I would love to learn how to shoot that way intentionally, not by accident.

08-04-2018, 12:58 PM   #17
Journeyman Cat Wrangler
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It is far and away better than anything I could imagine myself doing, so I will just say that I like it as composed a great deal. I would like to see it without a frame just as a comparison, but it is quite good as is.
08-05-2018, 06:14 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
I like this picture, therefore from time to time I keep editing it different ways.
What do you think about this version? Frame or no frame? Or something else?
Overall, it works very well, but the blur of the guy in the background is a little distracting; it looks like his head is partially gone.
08-05-2018, 06:20 AM   #19
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
my .02 cents

I would have cropped out the man in the back ground

I find his image very distracting and I keep trying to ignore him but I can't

of course, I admit that I am not an expert and am still trying to learn myself

11-19-2018, 01:47 PM   #20
Pentaxian

I like the blurred man, he puts this in public space but purely background. I love the wine glass as a barrier with her mouth just peaking out combined with the barrier of the cell phone held up. The view up close but still outside her space.
It really captures cozy, calm, alone time in public.
The edit works for me. I wonder what would stand out to me in the other edits.
11-19-2018, 03:40 PM - 1 Like   #21
Pentaxian

Just looked squinting. The arms and wine glass are the brightest part and this makes the "barrier" what I see. Maybe lighten the face and darken the arms so the face stands out more? Maybe darken the background to compensate.
11-20-2018, 12:28 AM - 1 Like   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The blurred guy in the background is a nice addition. It's an element that makes people ask themselves why he is there? What does he represent? Different people will come up with different answers. Art is subjective. There is no consensus.
The two things I find distracting personally are the guys head and neck stretched out like a turkey and the wine glass in front of the woman's face. The wine glass is as big as her face. For me the wine glass draws my attention away from the woman contemplating what she sees on her phone. It's my personal opinion that I'd like to see the woman as the main focal point. Blurred man and glass of wine secondary. Granted this is only one mans opinion.