Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2008, 07:26 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
1st time to post pics

Bee shot trying to capture sunset on bee's back, this shot was taken using K100D with a smc pentax-a macro 1:2.8 50mm.

Taken in the front yard late afternoon.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo 
09-18-2008, 07:52 AM   #2
Veteran Member

that's a really creative idea! I wish the bee was just a little sharper - tricky, I know, the ones in my yard rarely stay still.

I look forward to more of your pictures
09-18-2008, 08:03 AM   #3

Original Poster
Reply to comment

THanks for the reply, this was the first time to post a pic. Just recently started to use this forum.

The shot was handheld and might try using a tripod next time when shooting.
09-18-2008, 08:09 AM   #4

i dont think a tripod will help you here, as it is the bee that is moving, not you (you can see the flower being sharp and clear). try to take alot of shots, not just a few, but a whole bunch. that way, the chance of getting a good shot increases. good luck

09-18-2008, 01:55 PM   #5
Damn Brit

Good effort, I notice you used F3.5, closing it down a bit might have helped with the bee.
09-18-2008, 02:46 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by timbo13 Quote
that's a really creative idea! I wish the bee was just a little sharper - tricky, I know, the ones in my yard rarely stay still.
Perhaps if you try to explain to it that its back is to be a mirror...

Seriously speaking, an interesting idea and a good shot.
Close down the aperture is a good idea, but unfortunately, my own solution is like Lovold suggest: take many pictures. Sometime the bee has to be in the DOF. I was taught this already when I was a kid shooting film, and then it was an expensive method. Now it just cost disc space, not so much if you erase the less good shots.
09-19-2008, 12:35 PM   #7

Original Poster
THanks for everyone's input it's nice to know this were to come for professional input and help.

10-08-2008, 10:18 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
Perhaps if you try to explain to it that its back is to be a mirror...

Seriously speaking, an interesting idea and a good shot.
Close down the aperture is a good idea, but unfortunately, my own solution is like Lovold suggest: take many pictures. Sometime the bee has to be in the DOF. I was taught this already when I was a kid shooting film, and then it was an expensive method. Now it just cost disc space, not so much if you erase the less good shots.
That is true ie to take many pictures and better probabilities of getting one out of the whole lot.

Moving bees is difficult to focus to capture for macro shoot.

marcus