Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Gettyimage ?

08-25-2018, 09:44 AM   #17

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Gettyimage ?
Better not be...it was on the 500px marketplace when they sold out, but I took all my images off the market when they did.
08-25-2018, 02:09 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Darrell Raw Quote
This was taken at high ISO using just the enclosure's ambient lighting, one of my first experiments with the high-ISO capabilities of the K1mkII.
Excellent!
08-25-2018, 04:22 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Better not be...it was on the 500px
Screen grab:

Last edited by Schraubstock; 10-27-2018 at 10:52 PM.
08-25-2018, 05:01 PM   #20

Original Poster
Screen grab:
Thank you. The brown stuff is about to hit the fan. Could you please provide the link? I can’t aeeem to find it in their search function.
08-25-2018, 09:59 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

HI
You will find it here:
Fuji Iguana - Google Search
Scroll down, you will find it.

Here is what I would do:

1) Take a screen grab
2) Take it to a friend's computer (or any other computer but your own) and contact the GettyImage sales dept with it.
3) Make up cock and bull story as to why you need this image; act as a customer wanting to buy this image.
4) Ask if they have any similar images on offer. (In case they knocked off more than one of yours. (If there are more)
5) If indeed they have your image(s) and offer it to you (in this case your friend) let your friend buy at least one.
6) Now you can take over in your own right (under your own name) because now you have a case.

On the other hand it is possible that 500px Marketplace is or was an offshoot of GettyImages and use(d) them as a harvesting platform. It is also possible you have unwittingly agreed for 500px to pass on or sell images to GettyImages or others by signing the 500px terms and conditions without reading every singly word therein. If this is the case you are history, as they say in the classics. I wish you well.
Let me know how you go with this.

Use Digimarc to digitally and invisibly watermark your images. The digital watermark is quite robust and is not easily, if all, sidestepped or tinkered with. Digimarc would only be too eager to take up cases of breach as this would demonstrate their worth to prospective customers. GettyImage and cohorts are usually weary of images which are watermarked and leave them alone.

Last edited by Schraubstock; 08-25-2018 at 10:03 PM. Reason: typo
08-26-2018, 03:34 AM   #22

Original Poster
HI
You will find it here:
Fuji Iguana - Google Search
Scroll down, you will find it.

Here is what I would do:

1) Take a screen grab
2) Take it to a friend's computer (or any other computer but your own) and contact the GettyImage sales dept with it.
3) Make up cock and bull story as to why you need this image; act as a customer wanting to buy this image.
4) Ask if they have any similar images on offer. (In case they knocked off more than one of yours. (If there are more)
5) If indeed they have your image(s) and offer it to you (in this case your friend) let your friend buy at least one.
6) Now you can take over in your own right (under your own name) because now you have a case.

On the other hand it is possible that 500px Marketplace is or was an offshoot of GettyImages and use(d) them as a harvesting platform. It is also possible you have unwittingly agreed for 500px to pass on or sell images to GettyImages or others by signing the 500px terms and conditions without reading every singly word therein. If this is the case you are history, as they say in the classics. I wish you well.
Let me know how you go with this.

Use Digimarc to digitally and invisibly watermark your images. The digital watermark is quite robust and is not easily, if all, sidestepped or tinkered with. Digimarc would only be too eager to take up cases of breach as this would demonstrate their worth to prospective customers. GettyImage and cohorts are usually weary of images which are watermarked and leave them alone.
500px has just joined Getty, when they announced it I removed all of my images from their marketplace. It appears they had already added them to their 500px collection on Getty, but they are now gone. I can still see some cached links in Google but when I click through it gives me a page not found error. I don’t think I’ll be able to take any action unless I can prove they sold some. I’ve moved to Picfair now, it looks promising.

08-29-2018, 02:59 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Lovely, nice to see that the K-1 works so well at ISO 6400. That is important when you want to get images like this hand-held.
07-05-2019, 03:14 AM   #24

500px has just joined Getty, when they announced it I removed all of my images from their marketplace. It appears they had already added them to their 500px collection on Getty, but they are now gone. I can still see some cached links in Google but when I click through it gives me a page not found error. I don’t think I’ll be able to take any action unless I can prove they sold some. I’ve moved to Picfair now, it looks promising.
How have found Picfair since you have been using then?

10-01-2019, 07:28 AM   #25
Veteran Member

This was taken at high ISO using just the enclosure's ambient lighting, one of my first experiments with the high-ISO capabilities of the K1mkII.
Real 3D effect and color is fantastic. Never saw yellow nostrils before.
10-01-2019, 03:48 PM   #26
Pentaxian

Great shot! I like how you've captured both its eye in great detail as well as the tip of the snout. Stepping up the ISO to get greater dof was the right choice.
10-01-2019, 04:27 PM   #27
Pentaxian

Great color, background and composition.
10-04-2019, 09:26 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Great color and detail
10-05-2019, 06:31 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Framing-wise, the claws in the foreground could have used a little more breathing space, but other than that, this is a gorgeous shot.
10-11-2019, 06:59 PM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Beautiful image - I love it. Captures the skin texture detail perfectly. Also love your information about the behaviour patterns of this species.