Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
10-21-2018, 01:25 AM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Albums
Comments please
Lens: DA 18-55 Camera: KP Photo Location: Garden ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/6000s Aperture: F7.1 

Really wanted to be taking Astro phots, but its been raining non stop.
So instead I tried my hand at some macro shots of water droplets on a leaf.
I am open to all comments...

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
10-21-2018, 02:19 AM - 1 Like   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi DeKay, your subject, choice of DOF and framing I find very good. I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of just adjusting down the highlights a little to reduce the reflection. I have deleted it from my computer immediately after making this slight change. Looking forward to seeing more of your pix.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
10-21-2018, 02:35 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Hi DeKay, your subject, choice of DOF and framing I find very good. I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of just adjusting down the highlights a little to reduce the reflection. I have deleted it from my computer immediately after making this slight change. Looking forward to seeing more of your pix.
I agree with your tweaking. Don’t stress about deleting. If I didn’t want it copied, I wouldn’t have put it on the internet.
10-21-2018, 02:40 AM   #4
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by DeKay Quote
I agree with your tweaking. Don’t stress about deleting. If I didn’t want it copied, I wouldn’t have put it on the internet.

12-27-2018, 04:02 AM   #5

The original is a nice shot, editing made it amazing. I love macro photography
12-27-2018, 04:13 AM   #6
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi DeKay.
Welcome here.
I look at this capture more from the point of view of the composition. Peter's post-processing certainly highlights the strong points of the macro shot.
The water droplets create a nice 3D rendering and gives an interesting subject.
The backlighting makes it challenging to shoot and keep contrast low, so try shooting with the light more behind you or at least to the side somewhat.
Also to hone in on the subject is to exemplify it further in the frame, so try an even closer shot to eliminate some of the background empty space.
Otherwise nice job.
01-16-2019, 10:51 AM   #7
szs

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello,

not much to be said here, nice subject, nice background (the white horizontal line crossing the leaf makes it interesting) and nice execution.

Cheers, Steffen