Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
01-31-2019, 06:56 AM   #16

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
I disagree, bumping the shadows would remove the drama and tension in the last shot. They are fine as is.
Agree. The shadows and contrasting light beams are essential elements that define the soul of these images. Resist the temptation to bring up shadows, in order to make an image look "normal". Normal is too ordinary. Drama lives in the shadows.

01-31-2019, 07:49 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good work...you should share more often.
Critique:
Consider cropping the sky off the first one and turning it into a panorama, crop just beneath the bright sky...I find the darker clouds at the top a distraction, takes my eye away from the wonderful layers within this shot.
Also a vote here for converting this (1st) shot to black & white, sure you may not like B&W, but I think this would be a stunning image done correctly in B&W.