Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2018, 05:28 AM - 3 Likes   #1

Photos: Gallery
Composites for fun
Lens: Sigma 17-35/2.8-4 EX Camera: K-1 

I had a couple of days off so I decided to spend them on these. The ship, the model and the lamp/staff are my photos. Rest of the background is sourced from dozens of stock photos.

The composites are far from perfect lightingwise, biggest problem was the ship as it was drydocked and I had to shoot it from really high(3-6metres) up with less than stable extended tripod so I could not really light it properly.

11-27-2018, 06:29 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Love the look, it has a surreal feeling to it. As you said the lighting is the main issue here, if you're going for realism that is. Especially in the first picture the "slightly off" lighting gives it a very otherworldly feeling and it fits the image very well.
11-27-2018, 07:58 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Yeah, I really like the first one, Drinkkeri, I think the eye movement from the lighthouse beam to along the boat, to suddenly up to the face and wand.
12-21-2018, 11:38 PM   #4

They look great! One minor thing I'd personally do, warp the boat so that the front is larger (or the back is smaller) to change the perspective slightly. Now it gives the impression the boat is moving downwards instead of forwards.