Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2018, 09:29 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A second test shot with Pentax k-7 body and SMC Tak., 55mm f/2 lens.
Lens: SMC Tak., 55mm f/2 Lens Camera: Pentax K-7 Photo Location: Kalamazoo ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F2.8 

Focal Length 55mm, Manual Exposure Mode, Used Pentax AF 500FTZ Speedlight and CWA Metering. Other than downsizing, Straight Out Of Camera.

Thanks for viewing and please feel free to comment as all are welcome.

TT

12-20-2018, 03:00 PM   #2
chd

I think having the flash off-camera or using natural light might give it more depth. To me, the flash coming from very close to the camera's point of view (I know it's not exactly) makes it look fairly flat. The same applies to the other picture you posted, of the wreath -- pretty flat, texturally.

But then maybe that's just personal preference; I'm am not a fan of flash in general, short of fairly sophisticated studio setups.
12-28-2018, 05:47 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi Tony. I see you have got your K-7. Enjoy it to the max
12-28-2018, 08:52 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bruce Clark Quote
Hi Tony. I see you have got your K-7. Enjoy it to the max

Yes sir, I finally found a really great deal in The Marketplace here. I believe the photo turned out quite sharp while using a Tak 55mm f/2 lens. This lens is in a truly pristine condition, not a mark or scratch anywhere. I am a happy camper. Thanks for you comment.

TT

01-02-2019, 04:25 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think you missed the point of chd's post. The photo could use a bit of contrast to punch it up a bit because the flash caused it to be washed out a bit. Do it like you do your flowers and stop down a bit.
01-02-2019, 04:44 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I think you missed the point of chd's post. The photo could use a bit of contrast to punch it up a bit because the flash caused it to be washed out a bit. Do it like you do your flowers and stop down a bit.

Yes, you are correct, I could have made an endless number of adjustments, however I was just too eager to see how sharp the photo would turn out. Again, just a test shot and like yourself, I do try to limit the amount Post Photo Editing and trust in the camera pre-sets. Many thanks for your comment.

TT
01-02-2019, 04:53 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Yes, you are correct, I could have made an endless number of adjustments, however I was just too eager to see how sharp the photo would turn out. Again, just a test shot and like yourself, I do try to limit the amount Post Photo Editing and trust in the camera pre-sets. Many thanks for your comment.

TT
Well, you did ask, and you put this in the "Critique forum" so...