Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-14-2019, 02:33 PM   #1

Selfie video

Please let me know what to change/ improve. Thanks guys. ( no plastic surgery suggestions please )

01-14-2019, 03:19 PM   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi Ganesh...

The audio sounds great to me You are softly spoken in the video, but everything sounds nicely balanced.

As for the quality of the video - it's a little difficult to tell, as the depth of field seems quite shallow and I'm not sure that the focus is 100% accurate on your face. Your beard comes in and out of sharpness at times, which makes me think you can get better quality with more depth of field and/or more accurate focusing.

Definitely moving in the right direction, though
01-14-2019, 03:52 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Hi Ganesh...

The audio sounds great to me You are softly spoken in the video, but everything sounds nicely balanced.

As for the quality of the video - it's a little difficult to tell, as the depth of field seems quite shallow and I'm not sure that the focus is 100% accurate on your face. Your beard comes in and out of sharpness at times, which makes me think you can get better quality with more depth of field and/or more accurate focusing.

Definitely moving in the right direction, though
Thanks Mike. It feels weird talking into a lens so I was on the quieter side of things. I'll try again with the aperture decreased and after a shave as well.
01-14-2019, 04:05 PM - 1 Like   #4
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by funkythiru Quote
Thanks Mike. It feels weird talking into a lens so I was on the quieter side of things. I'll try again with the aperture decreased and after a shave as well.
Ha ha I'm not disrespectin' the beard, Ganesh... I tend to run with a week or two of hair growth myself In fact, it's quite useful for confirming focus at this stage But, yeah, I think a little more depth of field to allow for your own movement (assuming a fixed camera position) might help a bit...