Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-19-2019, 10:50 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Tower bridge
Camera: iPhone X Photo Location: Tower bridge, London Aperture: F2.4 

This was taken down in London on my first proper photography trip went to a few different places and this was one of them Iím still learning but out of all the photos this was one of 5 that was the best from the day it was taken on my iPhone X tho but I do have my Nikon D40X so can do things differently etc but advice no matter how good or bad just bring it lol 😆 I have my other photos in my album,

03-21-2019, 09:15 PM   #2
Veteran Member

That's a nice image. I like the colors cool details.

I would have made sure to get the entire right tower in the frame. We don't need to see the fence at the bottom, since it isn't the subject.

Otherwise, I like the framing and the angle you got this at.
03-22-2019, 07:50 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks zephos for the advice I will try get some without the fence next time Iím in London & the whole tower 😊
03-22-2019, 01:22 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lakingsfan82 Quote
Thanks zephos for the advice I will try get some without the fence next time I’m in London & the whole tower
Another thing you might try is making a shallower depth of field to isolate the tower from the noisy background. The buildings behind it are distracting and it would be nice to blur them out a little bit.

03-22-2019, 01:35 PM   #5

Original Poster
Ok noted thanks 😊
10-05-2019, 05:04 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Like the colours, perspective, detail. But agree with some of the other posters that cutting off the right tower at the top grates a little. There was no reason to cut it at all, IMO, especially since there was pleasing drama in the sky. I'm not bothered a bit by the fence at the bottom of the frame, but I think I would have tried to include the foot of the street lamp, even at the cost of a bit of the promenade sneaking into the frame. But still, a nice shot, already as is.
10-08-2019, 10:59 AM   #7

Photos: Gallery
That's a nice perspective. I don't mind the fence and street light. I think it adds character to the image. Only thing i would change is the framing, so the right tower is all in the image, not cut of like this.
Imagine redoing this at the same location only with some mist or fog over the water. That would be spectacular.