Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2019, 12:38 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Watch that f22 because you can cause de-fraction with it, it can cause photos to not be as sharp as you'd want them to be.
Good call photolady95 on diffraction, but if your learning what your lens is capable off shoot all the f-stop and have a look.

TONY never apologize for asking questions and working on improving your photography.
This is the perfect forum to ask questions.

Regards
Photobill

Last edited by Photobill; 03-25-2019 at 12:48 AM.
03-25-2019, 03:14 AM   #17
Photo Forum Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
And the perfect forum to learn from.
04-02-2019, 10:55 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would also concur with getting closer, the zoom with your feet method of cropping. This would also further decrease the depth of field and blur the background more. Now setting that aside onto post processing I would say try the following in lightroom.
0. play with the white balance, it might be my monitors at work but it looks a little on the yellow side of things but this may also have been because of the time of day it was shot at but I really want to see the pink in those flowers (I think they should be pink anyway).
1. pull the highlights all the way down as they do seem on the over bright side
2. pull the shadows up some
3. Now that the highlights should be off the edge of the histogram move the whites so that the histogram first indicates clipping and then back it off one so it doesn't.
4. Play with the black level to your liking but again avoid clipping on the bottom.
I'm still learning post processing but these seem to be a reasonable place to start.

After that it becomes an exercise in the specifics that you think the image needs. The one thing that jumps to my mind would be darkening the light branch in the background that runs between the tree trunks as it is a bit distracting, maybe playing with the clarity or contrast, possibly throwing an unsharp mask at it.

Other than that I suggest shooting off of a tripod if you weren't since 1/60s @ 250mm is hard to do handheld even with image stabilization. With that lens on my oldest son's camera I did 1/4s at 250mm to show him how to hold a camera steady but that was while sitting and even then it wasn't super sharp when looking closely. So if shooting that again handheld I would have gone for ISO 400 to get a faster shutter speed.