Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2019, 03:53 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Melbourne Cityscape
Lens: Pentax 24 mm f 3.5 Camera: Pentax K-1 Photo Location: Melbourne ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F16 

I took this shot a few years ago using some legacy glass. I know there is room for improvement but I have posted it for others to see the qualities of old glass. There is a curious artifact in the water. I think I know what is going on but would be interested in input from the forum. Any ideas?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
04-03-2019, 04:37 PM   #2
Forum Member

This looks like a well exposed technically good photo, but to me, it looks like all the interest is in the left hand side. I would like to see what a tighter crop with it cropped just past the building in the middle, maybe as a square composition or it could have just a little taken off the top and bottom. It does not need much off of the bottom though because the reflections add a lot to the photo. I may be way off base here, but I would like to see what others think.
04-04-2019, 06:34 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Like this?
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
04-04-2019, 05:03 PM   #4
Forum Member

I like that better. The main interest to me is the people and lights in the restaurant or whatever it is. Of course this is just an opinion. Others may like the original composition better. Either way, I think it is a really nice image. Good job.