Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2019, 11:11 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dead plants
Lens: Sigman 300mm f/4 APO macro Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Whitetail woods park ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F5.6 

So I'm taking a photography class, hence why I'm not posting as much here lately. A big part of the class getting feedback from the rest of the class but I mostly get questions like how did I manage the shot the blanket wow, or nothing at all. I have learned a lot so far but am not getting much for the class feedback so tossing these 2 images up of mine from last week seeking any general advise or critique. Both were shot using the same setting, and only minor adjustments in post processing were made with highlights, shadows, and levels.

04-02-2019, 07:19 PM   #2

First image - a strong, interesting subject with plenty of texture, soft lighting, good control of the colour. Dead flower almost seems like it is reaching for the sunlight willing itself to live.. Composition - I would crop it to a 5-7 perspective and lose some of the bottom of the image.

Second image - subject not as interesting.
04-03-2019, 03:23 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
First off, I think both images are nicely composed.

The second image I feel like the focus (more specifically the depth of field) is too narrow and the area that is in focus gets distracted by the parts of the leaf that are out of focus. And then, the branch to the left of the frame grabs attention, so it becomes hard to see what the subject really is. Aside from that, I would probably crop away just a bit to the right and top of the image, but that is a nitpick.

I was going to comment that each image might be good in black and white, but I actually like the way they are colored.