Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2019, 06:09 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Winter mountains
Camera: GR III ISO: 100 Aperture: F7.1 

I'm thinking to print this, and would appreciate some comments, thanks

---------- Post added 04-03-19 at 09:13 PM ----------

This is the other photo I am considering to print instead of the one in my original post, I don't like it as much

Last edited by aaacb; 04-03-2019 at 06:23 PM.
04-04-2019, 05:11 PM - 1 Like   #2
Forum Member

I like the first one a lot better. I was wondering if there is a way to get back a little detail in the shadows without losing contrast. I really like the textures though, and I think it will make a nice print.
04-06-2019, 03:00 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Agree with mhrish.

I think #2 is the better rendition but I feel the orientation is not right. It should be l landscape in my opinion.
#1 could use a boost to contrast. Lighten the highlights and darken the dark areas especially in the foreground and the triangular are in top left. There is a lot of detail there that is hidden.
04-09-2019, 04:17 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for your feedback, now that I look again at it I'm definitely happier I printed the first photo. I lifted the shadows just a hair before printing the first one on glossy paper, to avoid the dark areas looking too dark. I received the print today. It looks as I wanted it: dark shadows that still reveal a bit of texture, bright snow in the center that has detail from all its irregularities, then the subtle glow on the wall in the top center and right of the image. What I particularly like is that both the darkest and brightest parts of the image register as texture without detracting from the main subject, because there's detail but it's not emphasized.