Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 29 Likes Search this Thread
04-04-2019, 11:37 AM - 27 Likes   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
First light, first flight
Lens: dfa 28-105 Camera: Pentax K1 Photo Location: Faroes ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F8 

Early morning light falls on a small turf roofed cottage with the otherworldly Trĝllkonufingur (Troll woman's finger) in the background on the island of Vagar in the Faroe Islands

I've desaturated the image slightly and added a post processing vignette

Martin

Last edited by mcrtchly; 04-04-2019 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Is the vignetting too much?
04-04-2019, 11:46 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi,
I would do a like, but there is no like symbol!
Regards.
04-04-2019, 01:07 PM   #3
Pentaxian

A very nice shot. Dramatic light and i like the almost monochrome look. Maybe, just maybe, the vingetting is a bit strong, but it really adds to the effect
04-04-2019, 05:07 PM - 1 Like   #4
Forum Member

I really can not offer any constructive criticism, because I do not see a thing I would change. It is a wonderful composition and I really like what you did with the post processing.

04-05-2019, 12:19 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well thought out, reminds me of Iceland
04-05-2019, 12:33 AM   #6

Great shot

QuoteOriginally posted by mcrtchly Quote

Early morning light falls on a small turf roofed cottage with the otherworldly Trĝllkonufingur (Troll woman's finger) in the background on the island of Vagar in the Faroe Islands

Martin
I agree with Mhrish see nothing too change. Nice composition and pp.
04-05-2019, 01:59 AM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks for all the kind comments. This photo was taken on the first day of a photo tour that I was leading in the Faroes. We had visited the spot last summer and failed to get a decent photo due to low cloud over the witches finger.

This time the weather was very changeable with high winds but it gave opportunities for some dramatic photos. I think that the Faroes in spring are better for photos than in the summer

Martin

04-05-2019, 06:08 AM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Great shot!

I think you posted this in the wrong forum. You should have posted this in the Post Your Photos forum. I gave it a like as has seven other people. I see nothing wrong with it either.
04-05-2019, 01:54 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is about as good as it gets
10-01-2019, 03:29 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Martin
I like it. Well done!
10-01-2019, 05:06 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very nice indeed. Perhaps a tough heavy on the vignette along the bottom but that is only my opinion.
10-01-2019, 07:34 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Martin
Remarkably atmospheric.
10-01-2019, 03:13 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Martin
Great image, Lot of good elements like the bird, back lighting and the background
10-01-2019, 07:40 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow, spectacular image and spectacular location! I would tend to agree with a couple of the other folks and lighten the vignette just a touch -- it seems to fight with your decision to desaturate.
10-02-2019, 12:01 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Great image, the only thing that I would try to change, but I'm not sure whether that was possible in the first place, it to take a slightly lower vantage point so that the road becomes less visible. The whole scene is indeed otherworldly, but then seeing these roadside poles makes me notice the road and brings me back to the here and now (which unfortunately is not the Faroer). Anyway, a lovely capture and a great shot.