Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2019, 04:31 PM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Joahna
Lens: smc PENTAX-M 50 mm f 1,7 Photo Location: neda waterfall _ Greece ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F2.8 

one of my first shots with my beloved 50 mm manual lens

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
06-28-2019, 08:59 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well done.
07-07-2019, 10:44 PM - 3 Likes   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Distracting background, because the background is brighter then the subject and the background isn't blurred enough. Open up lens aperture or add more light on the subject or move the camera to the left so that the waterfall isn't the background. Good choice of subject sitting on the rocks.
07-08-2019, 06:31 AM - 3 Likes   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The good:

The background is perfect for this type of presentation. It is uniform enough (homogenised) in appearance and out of focus to afford good separation from the subject. I also like that it is bright enough to show off the wet hair which gives the subject added interest. Imagine what this would be like with a busy background.

The not so good:
The washed out highlights. too much glare, too distracting. It would have been better to underexpose enough to retain some details in those areas and then further reduce highlights in post, then increase exposure (shadows as well) to return the model's correct exposure.

I have done a quick and dirty job to simulate this, (don't look too closely) to illustrate what it could look like. Colours (skin tones) are good too. I think you put some thought into this image.

Well done.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
07-09-2019, 07:42 PM   #5

Wonderful scene and attractive model. Posing of the model on the rocks with the waterfall in the background is a good choice. Rather than echo the previous feedback I will give some ,more ideas to improve the shot.

* Model's engagement with the camera. It would have been to see the model make eye contact with the camera.
* Perspective - Perhaps this was not possible, but this was shot from a low angle. It would have been better to shoot from a higher angle to make the model's face more of the point of focus.
* distracting background - the eye always travels to the brightest part of the image and in this case it is the branches in the top right hand corner - make these darker or clone out. Bottom of frame - make the light spots on the rocks darker - Grass at bottom of model's feet - perhaps clone this out .

Just another thought - although not necessarily practical - long exposure would have blurred the waterfall more.

I hope this helps.
07-29-2019, 09:01 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I really like this photograph a great deal. In the first offering I appreciated the hot spots in the waterfalls and the overall brightness because IMHO, it frames the subject to a degree where I cannot

take my eyes off of her. In other words, she is locked in by the background. The contrast to me is what really enhances her attractiveness to the point where I am in awe of her beauty. I believe

you did a great job in a difficult challenge. I know I do not possess the skill set yet to do any better. Thanks so much for the treat. I also agree with your comment about the Pentax-M 50mm 1.7.

I just received mine and uploaded one image here and will be uploading another in a minute. Thanks again, Tony )