Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2019, 04:20 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
close-up
Lens: 50mm Camera: K-100D Photo Location: outdoor ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F7.1 

this photo was take with close-up filters in M mode not tripod use

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo 
09-25-2019, 06:10 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi again Luis

Nice composition and colours. I like the big out of focus yellow and brown patches. Your image is very sharp in places which is good though I would rather more of the central flowers in focus. A personal choice I know. I like to see the subject in focus and background out of focus. There are ways to manipulate the scene to increase depth. Use aperture f11 to f16. Some folks get antsy at f16 as diffraction kicks in but I prefer slight softness than out of focus. Shoot from further away and then crop, Shoot from a different viewpoint so more of the subject is inside the focal range. Subject selection or physical manipulation. Select a different flower or snip off unwanted bits. It can get a bit tough at time but it is important to identify the subject and the background and set focus accordingly,

Overall a good job. Keep em coming.
09-25-2019, 11:37 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bruce Clark Quote
Hi again Luis

Nice composition and colours. I like the big out of focus yellow and brown patches. Your image is very sharp in places which is good though I would rather more of the central flowers in focus. A personal choice I know. I like to see the subject in focus and background out of focus. There are ways to manipulate the scene to increase depth. Use aperture f11 to f16. Some folks get antsy at f16 as diffraction kicks in but I prefer slight softness than out of focus. Shoot from further away and then crop, Shoot from a different viewpoint so more of the subject is inside the focal range. Subject selection or physical manipulation. Select a different flower or snip off unwanted bits. It can get a bit tough at time but it is important to identify the subject and the background and set focus accordingly,

Overall a good job. Keep em coming.
thanks for you point of view, and the comment
10-01-2019, 10:14 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

I would do autocolor an autocontrast. The leaf from left is not desired here.:-)

10-01-2019, 11:03 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I want a little more depth to the image so maybe pushing up the f-stop to f/11 to get the nearest cluster all in focus and have the clusters behind it a little more defined. Also I do find the leaf on the left distracting but since the background is that smooth mush of color removing it in post processing shouldn't be too hard.
10-01-2019, 09:08 PM - 1 Like   #6

The colors are very nice. I preferred all the flowers in focus. Only the background out of focus.
10-09-2019, 08:57 AM - 1 Like   #7

The colorprofile is what i like the best. Good composition and sharpnes.
10-09-2019, 09:03 AM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Love this, the green against orange is really nice and I like how stark the contrast is between the two, gives it a painterly feeling.

10-10-2019, 06:19 AM - 1 Like   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by luis garcia Quote
this photo was take with close-up filters in M mode not tripod use
Nice shot !