Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
10-19-2019, 02:10 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is an excellent all round shot. Personally I would not change anything as it looks great and tells a good story exactly as is.

10-27-2019, 04:16 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Madaboutpix Quote
Yes, another "fishy" shot of mine. Actually, the result of a one-lens challenge I set for myself on that Berlin trip. But under a dome with lots of curves and a vast space and structure I wanted to capture, I felt quite comfy with it. However, should I be bothered with the cut-off guy in the suit at the bottom-left, who somehow escaped my border patrol, or does this pass for an effective shot, and not just for me? Feel free to check out the full-res JPEG here: Berlin 2018 - Marc
I'd say perfect spot for a fish eye lens!
10-28-2019, 02:49 PM   #18

Really like this one, love a good fish eye shot.

Is the central spire angled slightly? That is the only thing that looked slightly off for me. The cut-off man was fine for me as well.
11-21-2019, 01:10 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, another "fishy" shot of mine. Actually, the result of a one-lens challenge I set for myself on that Berlin trip. But under a dome with lots of curves and a vast space and structure I wanted to capture, I felt quite comfy with it. However, should I be bothered with the cut-off guy in the suit at the bottom-left, who somehow escaped my border patrol, or does this pass for an effective shot, and not just for me? Feel free to check out the full-res JPEG here: Berlin 2018 - Marc
Yes, I would eliminate the two tilted figures on the lower left. Great shot, in any case.

11-23-2019, 01:33 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm undecided about the figures at bottom left, my impression of the image is one of figures swirling around in the photo. A difficult thing to pull off, if that was your intention!
11-23-2019, 02:11 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by StiffLegged Quote
I'm undecided about the figures at bottom left, my impression of the image is one of figures swirling around in the photo. A difficult thing to pull off, if that was your intention

Well, the Reichstag dome is a reliably busy place on a day and time like that, not least because of its fascinating architecture, which I wouldn't have minded to encounter alone, I guess. So, it was something I merely reacted to and had little choice but to embrace. What certainly helped was the simple fact that the architecture kind of channels and directs the way most visitors take through the dome, which let me concentrate on framing the architecture in a meaningful way. Frankly, I'm not really bothered by the people at the bottom left, but I was curious if other viewers would find it a major issue with this image.
12-02-2019, 06:21 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice use of the extreme WA

12-04-2019, 02:40 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Images in public places can be spoilt by the general public, especially if they congregate in one area but the locals seem to be well spread out here. I love the fact it's in black and white as the shapes are clear and crisp, there is no distraction with colour. A great image, well done
12-05-2019, 06:57 PM   #24
Forum Member

I love this shot. It is one of my favorites. It has great use of lines and curves that creates a very dramatic image. This image was made for black and white and the conversion was dead on.
01-09-2020, 03:50 PM - 1 Like   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Splendid use case for this lens. Great job.
11-18-2023, 07:10 AM   #26
Pentaxian

Yes, another "fishy" shot of mine. Actually, the result of a one-lens challenge I set for myself on that Berlin trip. But under a dome with lots of curves and a vast space and structure I wanted to capture, I felt quite comfy with it. However, should I be bothered with the cut-off guy in the suit at the bottom-left, who somehow escaped my border patrol, or does this pass for an effective shot, and not just for me? Feel free to check out the full-res JPEG here: Photo Sharing. Your Photos Look Better Here.
Great composition could use more light on the subject.
11-19-2023, 06:31 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kjfishman Quote
Great composition could use more light on the subject.
I have to sort of agree with this. It is very effective use of a fish eye lens but I think it's a pity that you didn't shoot RAW as I think some post processing could really benefit the image.