Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2019, 01:22 AM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
And I also learned that you can call that thing a clock; in german we rather tend to call it the equivalent of blowball
I call it a "clock" because when I was growing up you used to count the seconds it took you to blow away all the seeds, and that was supposed to tell you the time of day. When you're three years old it makes perfect sense.....

10-31-2019, 08:11 AM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Liney Quote
Spotted this dandelion clock when I was walking the dog this morning, although at that point the feathery white bits were still tightly wrapped so it looked like a set of spears sticking out of a central hub. The image is a results of focus stacking, it hasn't worked perfectly (if you look closely at the area around the 4 o'clock position and zoom in it looks like a really bad watercolour picture) but it taught me a few things.

Over to you now, what do you reckon?
Exceptionally done. Very nice DoF and sharpness!. Don't change a think IMO
11-15-2019, 10:30 PM - 1 Like   #18
GRB
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Spotted this dandelion clock when I was walking the dog this morning, although at that point the feathery white bits were still tightly wrapped so it looked like a set of spears sticking out of a central hub. The image is a results of focus stacking, it hasn't worked perfectly (if you look closely at the area around the 4 o'clock position and zoom in it looks like a really bad watercolour picture) but it taught me a few things.

As simple as this subject is, I really like the depth and detail which the dark background significantly accentuates
11-16-2019, 03:08 PM - 1 Like   #19

I love this photo! i like the detail and the lighting. The focus stacking makes for an interesting effect. Great work!

12-09-2019, 11:57 PM - 1 Like   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

The focus stacking worked well. The black background emphasizes the fine lines of the dandelion. Very nice.
12-10-2019, 09:44 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Good result, good job.