Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-10-2019, 07:07 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
fine art
Lens: 18-55mm Camera: K-100D Photo Location: outdoor ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 5s Aperture: F4 

any comment are welcome

Attached Images

10-10-2019, 07:13 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Looks like you sneezed while pressing the trigger ��
10-11-2019, 04:21 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Playing around with camera shake/movement can be fun. I also like the monochromatic look of the image.
My two major problems are:
-I think there is too much black sky in the image, maybe crop away the top area until you get a 1:1 crop. There isn't that much light anyway so concentrating on the bright areas leaves enough dark sky in the picture.
-Your signature is bothering me in this image. If you want to add it absolutely, do it in the right corner but not in the not quite middle of the bottom edge.
10-11-2019, 12:20 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hmm. Honestly, if anything (mildly) excites my interest in the image, it's probably the limited palette colours. The rest of the image shouts retry on another occasion, I'm afraid.

I'm not at all against ICM experiments or intentional subject motion blur. However, both are most effective when they look deliberate. This is just not the case here, as, unfortunately, the awkward framing signals to the viewer. People unfamiliar with what fireworks look like in a photo might even ask you what you were trying to photograph.

One way of giving a more deliberate impression would have been, perhaps, to make the explosion that you cut off on the left border the unequivocal subject of your image?

(Also, be aware of the fact that many viewers will be turned off by obtrusive watermarks.)

10-11-2019, 01:32 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Madaboutpix Quote
Hmm. Honestly, if anything (mildly) excites my interest in the image, it's probably the limited palette colours. The rest of the image shouts retry on another occasion, I'm afraid.

I'm not at all against ICM experiments or intentional subject motion blur. However, both are most effective when they look deliberate. This is just not the case here, as, unfortunately, the awkward framing signals to the viewer. People unfamiliar with what fireworks look like in a photo might even ask you what you were trying to photograph.

One way of giving a more deliberate impression would have been, perhaps, to make the explosion that you cut off on the left border the unequivocal subject of your image?

(Also, be aware of the fact that many viewers will be turned off by obtrusive watermarks.)
thanks for the comment

---------- Post added 10-11-19 at 01:33 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by othar Quote
Playing around with camera shake/movement can be fun. I also like the monochromatic look of the image.
My two major problems are:
-I think there is too much black sky in the image, maybe crop away the top area until you get a 1:1 crop. There isn't that much light anyway so concentrating on the bright areas leaves enough dark sky in the picture.
-Your signature is bothering me in this image. If you want to add it absolutely, do it in the right corner but not in the not quite middle of the bottom edge.
good point of view thanks
10-11-2019, 04:42 PM - 1 Like   #6

Photos: Gallery
I dont know what im looking at, but i like the abstract shapes. Colors and light vs dark, has a good combination. Though personally i would like to se more dark negative space, to give the light a little more punch.
11-04-2019, 02:58 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by luis garcia Quote
any comment are welcome
not abstract enough, I can tell this was a HH fireworks shot

11-24-2019, 08:44 AM   #8
Banned

tough shot. good job
11-26-2019, 08:45 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I would light paint an image in this style. The shakiness can add to it. I like the color palette.