Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2019, 06:57 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Old church
Lens: DA 35 2.4 Camera: K-70 Photo Location: Wilton,NY ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F5 

I believe it is now the historical society.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
10-11-2019, 12:39 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That church likely makes an interesting subject, but your perspective is somewhat unlikely to attract and sustain the viewer's interest. While there is a sense that you deliberately filled the frame, you didn't pick a particularly well-suited shooting position.

If you were going for a frontal view of the church, why didn't you make it strictly frontal? If you wanted the enhance the impression of the church as a three-dimensional object, you could have stepped aside a couple of metres. Depending on the direction, you could have accentuated the church alone or together with its annexe.

Also, the light would have been a lot more interesting if the sun had been a little lower. The image might have even benefited if you had given the church a little more breathing space in the frame and shown it in its location?
10-11-2019, 03:54 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
The 35 was the only lens that I had with me. I guess I should have have shot vertical to get the height of the church? I did take a shot off the side of the church on the right but it was busy with trees. I kept moving to my left to help see around the tree in front of the church. If I continued moving to left i would have put street signs in front (they are just out of frame),and i couldn't move further back without going into the front yard behind me. While i was there i should have taken some detail shots. I'll only get better by trying.
10-30-2019, 05:47 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I think that if you play with underexposures it can be really interesting, beautiful! Thanks for sharing

11-09-2019, 10:54 AM   #5
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Kb3hvp Quote
I believe it is now the historical society.
Lot of stores. Good photograph.
11-14-2019, 01:55 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The sky is a little overexposed... it would be better to underexpose a bit and then bring up the remaining of the picture via PP, the K-70 has excellent dynamic range so it would not be difficult.

Also, the composition might not be the most interesting one... but I wasn't there so I'm not sure there would be a better angle