Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
12-01-2019, 10:10 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Sister to the Sunset at the lighthouse cliff
Lens: Tamron AF 17-50mm F2.8 XR Di-II LD Camera: K5II ISO: 800 

Hello,

Here is the sister picture of the other one posted here as well. This was in portrait orientation, to emphasize the cliff. This time, the blending was done manually (breaking at the horizon) in Photoshop out of 2 images at 0 and -2 exposure bracket. The HDR of the 5 bracketed images did not work for me despite multiple attempts and adjustments.
Again, handheld at f5.6 because the tripod was holding the film camera.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

12-01-2019, 10:13 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

I like it. The framing gives the photo depth.
12-01-2019, 01:36 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

I like that you captured the rocks in the foreground. Nice shot.
12-01-2019, 02:22 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like that better than the horizontal version, the scene is framed well. I'd suggest burning the very top a little?

12-02-2019, 04:19 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Adding the rocks in the foreground was a good decision, well done
12-09-2019, 10:33 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote
Hello,

Here is the sister picture of the other one posted here as well. This was in portrait orientation, to emphasize the cliff. This time, the blending was done manually (breaking at the horizon) in Photoshop out of 2 images at 0 and -2 exposure bracket. The HDR of the 5 bracketed images did not work for me despite multiple attempts and adjustments.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,
Nice blending. Nice water colors. The foreground rocks are a bit to light from my perspective given how far down the sun is. My eyes are drawn down, away from the more interesting parts of the photo. Very nice shot!
12-18-2019, 07:15 PM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello,

Your thoughts?

Thanks,
Nice composition.

11-06-2020, 02:25 PM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

Hello,

Your thoughts?

Thanks,
Overall very good. Like the person standing on the bluff for scale. It would have better if the cliff in the foreground wrapped around to the cliff in the background. Like shifting to the right when the photo was taken.
11-06-2020, 06:59 PM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kjfishman Quote
Overall very good. Like the person standing on the bluff for scale. It would have better if the cliff in the foreground wrapped around to the cliff in the background. Like shifting to the right when the photo was taken.
I agree with this but otherwise very nice shot!
11-07-2020, 03:35 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Agree with comments to darken the sky slightly and a slight rotation to the right to include the shore line of the inlet would be nice touches. I am intrigued however by the lighter shading in the clouds shaped like a witched head. Remarkable the more I see it the harder it is to take my eyes off it.
11-08-2020, 04:14 AM   #11

Good composition
11-08-2020, 11:02 AM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
I'd suggest burning the very top a little?
The sky is not so impressive at the top, and I would crop off about 1/3 above the horizon.
11-25-2020, 10:35 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
The sky is not so impressive at the top, and I would crop off about 1/3 above the horizon.
Agreed. It would give you a more immersed feeling as well. Too bad the tripod was occupied as this would have looked really neat with a longer exposure.

Nice scene.
06-20-2021, 02:30 PM   #14

Beautiful shot. I agree with a couple of the comments about trying to include a little more of the cliff on the right hand side. My eye wants to follow the rocks at the bottom up to the cliff, however, the way it is currently framed my eye gets led off of the shot (I have to contentiously pull it back into the shot to the cliff.) If a little more had been included on the right side, it could have pulled my eyes back into the shot very effortlessly.
06-20-2021, 06:21 PM   #15
Admiral
Loyal Site Supporter

Textbook composition, rule of thirds, strong diagonal and perhaps a little more drama to the sky in PP
Great Job