Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
12-06-2019, 05:31 PM - 1 Like   #1
Forum Member

Esquibando el agua
Lens: SMC DAL 18-55 WR (KIT) Camera: Pentax k-50 Photo Location: Buenos Aires ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F5.6 

I was sure I focused on the girl, don't I know what happened?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
12-06-2019, 05:52 PM   #2
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Maybe the rain affected the camera's ability to focus. She would have been a good subject with the right focus.
12-06-2019, 09:08 PM   #3

Questions...

Were you using back button focus?
Were you using auto focus?

You may have half pressed the shutter to focus correctly, then release the pressure a bit off the shutter, and apply full pressure again (and got «*new*» focus target)
12-07-2019, 07:33 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks as if the AF tried to get the raindrops in focus, given that the pavement underneath seems to be the sharpest part of the image. Yet the shutter speed of 1/250s was not fast enough to freeze them in their rapid motion, which is why they appear as streaks. Even as is, the image is not utterly without charm as a piece of street photography.

12-07-2019, 03:01 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Madaboutpix Quote
Even as is, the image is not utterly without charm as a piece of street photography.
I agree. Still a nice image. Apart from the focus, it’s a pity there’s that white truck there as it would be nice to see more of the drops.

In any case, nice catch. Too bad. About the focus. But as they say, practice makes perfect.
12-08-2019, 04:38 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mhoule418 Quote
Were you using back button focus?
Were you using auto focus?

You may have half pressed the shutter to focus correctly, then release the pressure a bit off the shutter, and apply full pressure again (and got «*new*» focus target)
First I apologize for my English
I was using autofocus.
It is clear that I must study because I do not know what the reverse focus button is.
Thanks for the comment I learned that there is an approach option that I did not know.
12-09-2019, 07:28 AM   #7
SME

QuoteOriginally posted by Esteban Quote
I was sure I focused on the girl, don't I know what happened?
Very nice in terms of perspective, leading lines, some use of rule of thitds. I am not completely sure whether the placement of the head is optimal, or a bit too close to the upper border of the photo, but I think it`s o.k. I also like the raindrops contribution to athmosphere.

12-10-2019, 10:40 AM   #8

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the sharpness. The girl must not be into the sharpness zone. I didn't like the raintrops, because they are no trops.