Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
03-24-2020, 05:19 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A Picture Speaks A........
Lens: Canon EF-S 55~250mm STM Lens Camera: Canon EOS 80 D Photo Location: Sherwood Forest ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F11 

Focal Length 250mm, Manual Exposure Mode, No Fill Flash With Multi-Segment Metering.

Thanks for viewing.

My concern is whether or not I should attempt to remove the flowers to the right of the subject. There are times when distractions, or trying to remove distractions can be a royal pain even with a capable Photo Software Editor. Thanks very much for any helpful hints and suggestions.

Tony

I am not certain that the flowers to the right are a distraction. A professional photographer friend has advised me that: "If it is in the photograph, it belongs in the photograph." Obviously I am at a point of frustration where distractions are concerned.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 80D  Photo 

Last edited by Tonytee; 03-24-2020 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Spelling Error.
03-24-2020, 07:01 PM   #2
dms
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My feeling is the top of the picture could be cropped so it just touches the flower, and leave the right bottom in. I think it is often best to show parts of the subject, suggesting there are many. Besides rationalizing with words, it just looks better with it in IMO. (Very nice picture BTW.)
03-24-2020, 08:53 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I have to disagree about cropping the top so it touches the top of the flower. You need head room just like birds and other animals.

As for the flowers to the right, I think they're out of focus enough to be called bokeh!

Beautiful flower Tony, thanks for sharing.
03-24-2020, 09:14 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dms Quote
My feeling is the top of the picture could be cropped so it just touches the flower, and leave the right bottom in. I think it is often best to show parts of the subject, suggesting there are many. Besides rationalizing with words, it just looks better with it in IMO. (Very nice picture BTW.)

Many thanks for your assistance and comment.

TT

---------- Post added 03-24-20 at 09:14 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I have to disagree about cropping the top so it touches the top of the flower. You need head room just like birds and other animals.

As for the flowers to the right, I think they're out of focus enough to be called bokeh!

Beautiful flower Tony, thanks for sharing.

Thank you very much. Greatly appreciated.

tt

03-24-2020, 11:58 PM - 3 Likes   #5
Pentaxian

Tony. First of all I think the rendition you posted in "Post you photos" is better than this one. Over all I think that it is a very good shot and the background flowers are not that distracting. If you should do anything, I would prefer toning down the background and making it less sharp. Perhaps this example (I worked with the rendition from "Post your photos").
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 80D  Photo 
03-25-2020, 02:38 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bengan Quote
Tony. First of all I think the rendition you posted in "Post you photos" is better than this one. Over all I think that it is a very good shot and the background flowers are not that distracting. If you should do anything, I would prefer toning down the background and making it less sharp. Perhaps this example (I worked with the rendition from "Post your photos").

I see what you are saying. Many thanks.

TT
05-20-2020, 02:19 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Focal Length 250mm, Manual Exposure Mode, No Fill Flash With Multi-Segment Metering.

Thanks for viewing.

My concern is whether or not I should attempt to remove the flowers to the right of the subject. There are times when distractions, or trying to remove distractions can be a royal pain even with a capable Photo Software Editor. Thanks very much for any helpful hints and suggestions.

Tony

I am not certain that the flowers to the right are a distraction. A professional photographer friend has advised me that: "If it is in the photograph, it belongs in the photograph." Obviously I am at a point of frustration where distractions are concerned.
It's a beautiful flower and photo. If you crop the flowers to the right the flower will be too much in the middle and wont look as good as it does now. I like that you can see other flowers in the picture, tells a story...

05-21-2020, 09:58 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Shelly Quote
It's a beautiful flower and photo. If you crop the flowers to the right the flower will be too much in the middle and wont look as good as it does now. I like that you can see other flowers in the picture, tells a story...

Many thanks Shelly. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. )

TT
05-23-2020, 02:28 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bengan Quote
Definitely the way to g n my opinion.

Nice shot Tony
05-23-2020, 07:08 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bruce Clark Quote
Definitely the way to g n my opinion.

Nice shot Tony

Hello Mr. Bruce Clark and many thanks for your comment.

TT