Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2020, 05:00 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter

A couple of Portraits, any critique or feedback? Thank you

Hi guys its me again hehehe, heres a couple of portrait I did with the pentax 645z 55mm lens, what you guys think?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645Z  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645Z  Photo 
04-18-2020, 06:01 PM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cwolfphoto Quote
Hi guys its me again hehehe, heres a couple of portrait I did with the pentax 645z 55mm lens, what you guys think?
I might be just me, but I don't really like the arm appearing out of seemingly nowhere in the first shot. Something just puts me off it, with the jacket on the shoulder... Fine shot other than that
04-19-2020, 12:03 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hi Bertwert, yea you are right about the arm, the more a look at it the least I like hehehe.
04-21-2020, 05:14 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have to agree, the first one with the arm is just weird.
The second one is ok, I find it just a bit muted. Could use some more contrast I believe

04-21-2020, 04:48 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Looks like someone else's arm. Everything else looks great.
07-26-2020, 09:17 AM   #6
Forum Member

Hi again,

I think these images could have been even stronger if they felt more natural. Now, they give me the feeling that there's a bit of work to be done on directing your subject, and helping this one to actually act more naturally; the arm feels forced, the attitude isn't inviting me to try and dive into the story. There's a sort of disconnect happening. Maybe it comes from the very narrow framing? I'd see more space to enable your subject to breath and express more, give more intention..

I prefer the BW images: I'm less distracted by the colour and the colour cast from the first image. Yet I find it a little flat. Nothing pops really. There's a bit of post to be done IMO..

Besides that, nice work, keep up the good vibe! Cheers,

J.