Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2020, 08:59 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is a Canna Lily Shot Through A Sliding Glass Door.
Lens: Canon EF-S 55~250mm, IS, STM Lens Camera: Canon EOS 80 D Photo Location: My Backyard ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F5.6 

Focal Length 250mm, Manual Exposure Mode, No Fill Flash With Multi-Segment Metering.

At first glance I thought I could do something with it in PPE, but then on second glance I believed it turned out quite well for being straight out of camera. Yes, yes I am aware

of distractions, but being in a huge hanging flower pot, there is no way I was willing to clone and heal to the point of using sunglasses permanently and needing a white cane

with a red tip.

Please, feel free to offer any helpful hints and suggestions. Most appreciatively, TT )

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 80D  Photo 
05-25-2020, 03:00 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Ah, the typical Canon colour. Their out-of-camera reds are always very pleasing. I don't think the composition has distractions! The bright flower just naturally rises over the greens and in front of the dark blue background.

If there's any fault, it lies either with the glass door -if the glass is even a bit warped it will be noticeable on the photo no matter how good the lens or photographer- or with the kit lens being a bit glowy and soft at 250 mm and wide open (unless it's a very compressed JPEG, the petals look slightly less detailed than I'd like). But honestly, it's good!
05-25-2020, 09:43 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Ah, the typical Canon colour. Their out-of-camera reds are always very pleasing. I don't think the composition has distractions! The bright flower just naturally rises over the greens and in front of the dark blue background.

If there's any fault, it lies either with the glass door -if the glass is even a bit warped it will be noticeable on the photo no matter how good the lens or photographer- or with the kit lens being a bit glowy and soft at 250 mm and wide open (unless it's a very compressed JPEG, the petals look slightly less detailed than I'd like). But honestly, it's good!

Serkevan, I am very grateful for your insightful comment.

TT