Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
12-07-2020, 02:50 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Lack of attention to details during composition. Common thing?
Lens: Pentax DFA* 50mm f1.4 Camera: Pentax K-1 II ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/1250s Aperture: F1.4 

This is a great example how easy is to make mistakes, haven't noticed or just ignored foreground blurry leafs which aren't suppose to be there at all.

12-07-2020, 03:30 PM   #2
Forum Member

Nevertheless the colours are amazing! The shades of red and orange in the background go really well with the green-yellow of the leaves. Maybe have another go and make it perfect!
12-07-2020, 04:17 PM   #3
Lev
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by q_crack Quote
Nevertheless the colours are amazing! The shades of red and orange in the background go really well with the green-yellow of the leaves. Maybe have another go and make it perfect!
Yep... sadly there are couple of other shots with almost same result. Gotta be more accurate next time.
12-07-2020, 06:02 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
IT is hard to slow down and consider the small things that can mess up a composition. I have discarded many pictures because of this.

12-13-2020, 08:48 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I make "mistakes" like this all the time.
Remeber that when you're shooting you're looking through a comparatively small viewfinder, and sometimes the edges are blocked if you're looking through it not perfectly straight.
Then you (or I) look at it on your nice 22, 40, 50", whatever monitor or TV set and think "boy, have I messed up!"
So... it happens, just take some more "safety picture(s)"
12-13-2020, 09:21 AM - 1 Like   #6
Lev
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
I make "mistakes" like this all the time.
Remeber that when you're shooting you're looking through a comparatively small viewfinder, and sometimes the edges are blocked if you're looking through it not perfectly straight.
Then you (or I) look at it on your nice 22, 40, 50", whatever monitor or TV set and think "boy, have I messed up!"
So... it happens, just take some more "safety picture(s)"
Yes, I made 8 more safety images of this but I forgot that there are other aspects of photography rather than a sharp focus
12-13-2020, 09:32 AM - 1 Like   #7

Guess you got to learn from your mistakes. There is a great image to be had here, lovely light & colours.

12-13-2020, 09:41 AM   #8
Lev
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kinega Quote
Guess you got to learn from your mistakes. There is a great image to be had here, lovely light & colours.
Thing is, no matter how many books you read, or how many people warned you to do things correct way, you have to go through all this stuff yourself, doing mistakes and learn from it. yep.
04-29-2021, 07:03 AM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

Of all the countless exposures Ive tossed throughout the years Id say compositional issues were responsible for at least 95%. Even with a fully-manual camera without a light meter you can teach yourself, fairly quickly, to attain a correct exposure. With some practice or an accurate autofocus system you will attain perfect focus.....I mean, you can be mindful of light and all that but still come home with a branch piercing someone's head, a bit of trash or something out of place in the background or the angle at which you shot was just not right. Ah, the frustrations of creating an interesting photo.
04-29-2021, 08:03 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
so common. it’s what makes for snapshots instead of photos. Learn to slow down and really ‘see’ what is in the viewfinder.