Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2021, 06:28 AM - 1 Like   #16
Admiral
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vijaykishan Quote
Minimalism at its best ! Would love the fortitude at some point in time not to include additional elements and make a picture like this. Superb. Did you use a poloriser BTW ?
No, I didn't use any filter. The water in that lake used to be crystal clear

05-05-2021, 08:59 AM - 1 Like   #17
Admiral
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fayssal Quote
Salam Peter,

Beatiful shot and excellent composition, poetic and nearly sad landscape.
Thank you for your comment. Fog and haze have fantastic optical and emotional properties.
They change subject contrast according to distance and always add a melancholic mood
to the scene. The tiny boat in the back is barely noticeable, but large enough to add a touch
of loneliness to the image. I noticed it until I printed the first copy.

---------- Post added 05-05-21 at 09:07 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jhaji Quote
Oh, wow! When I see something like this, I ask myself if I could have captured this on flim.

Wonderful.
Every time I have the opportunity to photograph a scene with fog, I expose for the fog and let the other
values fall into place. I took a reading of the fog above the water and overexposed that for two stops.
That will make sure that my negative will reflect that area as a very light gray, but with all the texture and
visual qualities of fog. If I can capture that, the rest is easy to deal with while printing
05-05-2021, 05:39 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think this is stunning. I wouldn't change a thing.
05-05-2021, 05:44 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I really like this image, so many layers ! I do agree that cropping a little bit off the bottom would provide a better balance.

I think the horizon is straight, but there is lens curvature bowing the center. Not a big deal at all IMO

05-16-2021, 06:33 PM   #20
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good shot. The PP is also well suited to the composition: it feels like a panting.
05-16-2021, 06:57 PM   #21
Admiral
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LuK5 Quote
Good shot. The PP is also well suited to the composition: it feels like a panting.
Thanks ! What is the PP ?
05-17-2021, 01:03 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Rockstroh Quote
What is the PP ?
presuming that your question was not rhetorical the answer is "Post Processing".

05-17-2021, 06:31 AM   #23
Admiral
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
presuming that your question was not rhetorical the answer is "Post Processing".
And with PP you mean darkroom work or digital manipulation of the digital file ?
05-18-2021, 12:12 AM   #24
Pentaxian

And with PP you mean darkroom work or digital manipulation of the digital file ?
I'm not the one who asked the PP question but anything other than contact print IMHO is PP (film), the same goes to digital as well (RAW). Please note, I do not attach any negative or positive connotation to PP. IMHO it is left to the artist.

Last edited by vijaykishan; 05-18-2021 at 12:30 AM.
05-18-2021, 05:09 AM   #25
Admiral
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I'm not the one who asked the PP question but anything other than contact print IMHO is PP (film), the same goes to digital as well (RAW). Please note, I do not attach any negative or positive connotation to PP. IMHO it is left to the artist.
Looking at the printing recipe, there is little darkroom work involved, except for balancing edges.
I like to do most pkuof the work during exposure and get a good negative. Occasionally I take images
that depart from what I see and they are handled differently. Other than that, i prefer as little PP as
necessary.
06-10-2021, 09:47 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Great shot. But the horizon needs to be adjusted a little)

---------- Post added 06-10-21 at 09:55 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Питер Рокстро Quote
В остальном я предпочитаю как
можно меньше ПП.
You have already scanned the picture, this is PP. And if the goal is to get a great shot and embody your own experience of the moment, then you should not neglect the PP.
06-10-2021, 11:02 AM   #27
Admiral
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fdooch Quote
Great shot. But the horizon needs to be adjusted a little)

---------- Post added 06-10-21 at 09:55 AM ----------

You have already scanned the picture, this is PP. And if the goal is to get a great shot and embody your own experience of the moment, then you should not neglect the PP.
I agree. What I meant with my comment is that I try to get as close to the previsualized image during
exposure and development as I can, rather than relying on digital PP techniques to achieve that.
06-13-2021, 03:14 AM   #28
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
It's you.
It's me too, as it's a good bit lower on the left and has an upwards bow in the middle.
06-13-2021, 01:01 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I haven't had a darkroom in over thirty years and I never did I make anything this good .
06-16-2021, 02:05 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like the high-key image, just would like a little breathing space to the right of the grasses. Of course, there's probably a car half-sunk just out of frame, but that would permit a more letterbox-style crop. Moments like these should be savoured, thanks for sharing!