View Picture EXIF
PerfectionV700  Photo 
01-18-2021, 02:14 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Interesting shot I like it
01-19-2021, 01:40 AM   #3
Pentaxian

I really like it. Maybe a tad more sky for me (just a little) but really that's me being picky
02-05-2021, 07:57 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A little extra burning on the walls of the church? The contrast range on the rocks is very nice while the contrast across the church is more restrained. The rocks brought my eyes right up to the church, so a little extra punch there would be satisfying!

02-05-2021, 09:38 AM   #5
Admiral
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Frogdog Quote
A little extra burning on the walls of the church? The contrast range on the rocks is very nice while the contrast across the church is more restrained. The rocks brought my eyes right up to the church, so a little extra punch there would be satisfying!
I hear you.This church is built by the sea. I took the photo standing near the high tide line.
The low contrast you see in the church´s wall is from haze and salt spray in the air.
I doubt I´d have the patience to add punch dodgeing and burning that area, but if I were
to print that area with more punch, I see only one way: FeCN bleach.
02-05-2021, 10:00 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Rockstroh Quote
I hear you.This church is built by the sea. I took the photo standing near the high tide line.
The low contrast you see in the church´s wall is from haze and salt spray in the air.
I doubt I´d have the patience to add punch dodgeing and burning that area, but if I were
to print that area with more punch, I see only one way: FeCN bleach.

Maybe in a situation like this a blue filter would have darkened the church and boosted up the visibility of the haze? Possibly at a cost to the foreground though... I'm a big fan of how b+w film renders hazy scenes.

I just bought a little container of pot ferri to try out for the first time - never used it before! If you've got a lot of practice with it let me know and I may PM you with some general questions.
02-05-2021, 05:42 PM   #7
Admiral
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Frogdog Quote
Maybe in a situation like this a blue filter would have darkened the church and boosted up the visibility of the haze? Possibly at a cost to the foreground though... I'm a big fan of how b+w film renders hazy scenes.

I just bought a little container of pot ferri to try out for the first time - never used it before! If you've got a lot of practice with it let me know and I may PM you with some general questions.
Ferricyanide bleach takes practice and patience and it doesn´t work the same with all papers,
but it does increase local contrast. Color filters actually reduce overall contrast, although they
selectively separate color values. Send me a PM and I´ll gladly bore you with the details
02-06-2021, 01:49 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Rockstroh Quote
Church of the Virgin of Muxia, Galicia, Spain
Pentax 67II 45mm
HP5 @ ASA 250 in Pyro PMK
Galerie FB G3
Nice shot,
regards Sno