Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 19 Likes Search this Thread
05-05-2021, 08:31 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
I don't know what was to the right, but seeing the image I feel that the rocks are too much "dead center", I would have liked a bit of negative space to the right, especially since the shape of the rocks hug the bottom left corner of the frame.
Originally, they weren't... but I had to cut about 1/10th of the image on the left because of a water drop on the lens. I was pretty disappointed...

05-05-2021, 08:36 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jhaji Quote
A very unique array of rocks. Looks like one is shoving itself up the other has created the fissure.
Thank you! I think being volcanic, we're seeing two quite distinct flows of lava here.

QuoteOriginally posted by just_life_photograph Quote
love the colors here, except for the blue/cyan - just too saturated. looks like the horizon is off
Thanks... that is why I think a CPL would have worked... it would have given me nice contrast and the deep blue would come naturally.

And usually I'm very harsh on horizons not being perfectly level... but in this, since there's a line from the rock at the bottom going the other way, and being that a lot of it is behind the rock, it didn't bother me that much. I would hate to have to cut off even more of the picture...

Still, I decided that's not one I'll end up printing... so I guess I won't re-work it based on the feedback, which is good by the way, but I think it's not worth saving.... which is a shame, I had great hopes for it when I saw the scene. C'est la vie. I'll just have to go back one day...
05-05-2021, 08:40 AM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

beautiful picture... wonderful rocks
05-06-2021, 04:48 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
I had to cut about 1/10th of the image on the left because of a water drop on the lens. I was pretty disappointed...
I can understand that disappointment! You weren't able to remove it in post?

05-06-2021, 05:49 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
I can understand that disappointment! You weren't able to remove it in post?
No... it wasn't blue sky, which is about as much as I can fix.... I'll find the original and post it here. Maybe the RAW file would make the ultimate PP challenge
07-05-2021, 11:01 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
There were some interesting volcanic rocks at the beaches in Florianopolis, Brazil. I took several pictures of them only to realize that a couple drops from the waves crashing against the rocks, had made it to my front element. So I had to cut off a part the left side of the image in most of them.

Mostly, I'm still learning to process my K-3 files so any input is welcome...

It's really a shame I didn't have my CPL with me that day...

Nice shot. I think the sky is just a bit too saturated. Do you have any pics with the left. Curious to see if it was worth cropping out
07-05-2021, 11:42 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The rocks and their weathering look more like sandstone than something volcanic. Just sayin'...