Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
03-03-2021, 01:30 AM - 3 Likes   #1

Photos: Gallery
Vineyard hut
Lens: smc PENTAX-F MACRO 100mm F2.8 Camera: Pentax K-1 ISO: 160 Shutter Speed: 1/800s Aperture: F11 

03-03-2021, 06:00 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Excellent detail and colour. I would have liked a bit more open space on the left and perhaps a little less sky. Small criticisms for an other wise good image.
03-03-2021, 08:48 AM   #3
Pentaxian

I agree with Bruce. The picture is great as it is - the colors and processing are great, but a crop towards a widescreen ratio, taking off a bit of the off-focus grass in the front, and a bit of the extra sky, would look even better.
03-03-2021, 09:32 AM   #4
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I agree with the feedback so far. Just a little more on the left would have helped so you didn't crop the tree. I'd be tempted to shoot from closer to the ground to cut off the sky a bit.

03-03-2021, 01:04 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I see what’s been said, my eyes see ... too much. I would tighten way up and concentrate on the shed and trees.

But I didn’t shoot this so I can’t say what you saw, only what I see.

Overall it’s an enjoyable image, beautiful natures scene.

Hang up and DRIVE!
03-08-2021, 06:31 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bruce Clark Quote
Excellent detail and colour. Iwould have liked a bit more open space on the left and perhaps a little lesssky. Small criticisms for an other wise good image.
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
I agree with Bruce. The pictureis great as it is - the colors and processing are great, but a crop towards awidescreen ratio, taking off a bit of the off-focus grass in the front, and abit of the extra sky, would look even better.
QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
I agree with the feedback so far. Just alittle more on the left would have helped so you didn't crop the tree. I'd betempted to shoot from closer to the ground to cut off the sky a bit.
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeMcE Quote
I see what’s been said, my eyessee ... too much. I would tighten way up and concentrate on the shed and trees.
But I didn’t shoot this so I can’t say what you saw, only what I see.
Overall it’s an enjoyable image, beautiful natures scene.
Hang up and DRIVE!

The crop on the left was to cancel the tree that didn't come out whole, and I also took into account a panoramic format to crop the sky (boring) and the grass.

Thank you very much for your comments!

03-08-2021, 08:22 AM   #7
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ginos Quote
The crop on the left was to cancel the tree that didn't come out whole, and I also took into account a panoramic format to crop the sky (boring) and the grass.
I prefer the uncut version. The small portion of the tree on the left hints towards the row of trees extending out into the distance.

03-08-2021, 09:03 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I prefer the uncut version. The small portion of the tree on the left hints towards the row of trees extending out into the distance.

Ditto.... I don’t know why but seems more natural

Hang up and DRIVE!
03-10-2021, 12:17 AM   #9
Pentaxian

I would crop a bit of the sky, and possibly clone out the powerline tower between the trees.
03-12-2021, 04:40 AM - 1 Like   #10

Original Poster

---------- Post added 03-12-21 at 04:41 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeMcE Quote
Ditto.... I don’t know why but seems more natural

---------- Post added 03-12-21 at 04:42 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
I would crop a bit of the sky, and possibly clone out the powerline tower between the trees.
I prefer to clone - to intervene as little as possible in the image, especially in terms of static elements of the landscape. I always try to integrate them into the "narrative".
This photo is taken in a very urbanized area, it is a part that preserves the rural essence in a very densely populated and industrial area. I like to have some element that reminds us of it.

Thank you very much for your comment!