Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2021, 05:22 AM - 1 Like   #1
Forum Member

Lisbon, Portugal

Experimenting with some new colours, but I'm not sure if the composition really works. It might lack a clear focus point?

05-11-2021, 05:31 AM   #2
Pentaxian

good shot... I like

Sorry, you do not have photos of old districts of Lisbon with streets, buildings, churches of the 17-18-19 centuries?
05-11-2021, 06:14 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I like your post processing.
I think you should crop away a huge part from the right though, because the handrail doesn't lead anywhere important in the image it is more of a distraction when you follow it with your eyes the whole way till it meets the horizon. Have you considered a crop in portrait orientation?
Attached Images

05-11-2021, 06:19 AM   #4

Good shot, interesting colors. All the lines are very nice, and that is a fascinating walkway as it goes in and out of stairs/smooth ramping.

I agree with Othar. I don't think i would have thought of it, but the vertical comp tightens it up and seems a bit cleaner.

05-11-2021, 07:14 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by othar Quote
I like your post processing.
I think you should crop away a huge part from the right though, because the handrail doesn't lead anywhere important in the image it is more of a distraction when you follow it with your eyes the whole way till it meets the horizon. Have you considered a crop in portrait orientation?
Thanks! I think you might be right, everything is happening on the left side anyway and the portrait orientation complements the bridge and statue nicely.

QuoteOriginally posted by Martin Stu Quote
good shot... I like

Sorry, you do not have photos of old districts of Lisbon with streets, buildings, churches of the 17-18-19 centuries?
Thanks! No, I'm afraid I didn't take a lot of shots of the old city while I was there.
05-11-2021, 07:46 AM   #6

The people walking on a curved surface, similar to the railing you shot over, is what provides an interesting perspective. Without the people walking I don't think it would have worked.
05-11-2021, 09:49 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I agree the vertical crop will enhance the photo. I love the color - kinda creepy