Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-04-2021, 04:22 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Ode to Ansel
Lens: Pentax FA 24-70 Camera: K1 Photo Location: Vietnam ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/30s Aperture: F8 

06-09-2021, 02:55 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You do have a dirty sensor.

But I am not really a fan of it. It sits bit between abstract and nature photography. Like it can't decide what it is. Also the halo around the rock formation is distracting.

The B&W conversion is nice though
06-09-2021, 06:16 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great detail in the rock. I would like to see a lot more rock and a lot less sky.
06-10-2021, 09:37 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
If plants were photographed, why is there so much stone? If you were shooting a rock, why is there so much sky? If you were shooting the sky, why would you need a stone? So many questions.

06-10-2021, 10:39 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fdooch Quote
If plants were photographed, why is there so much stone? If you were shooting a rock, why is there so much sky? If you were shooting the sky, why would you need a stone? So many questions.
Bingo - for that exact reason; you hit the nail on its head; to provoke. I empoyed a triangular composition in an attempt to challenge the usual rules of composition (for myself of course). Rock and sky connected by plants. I could wax philosophical about it - hence abstract.

---------- Post added 10th Jun 2021 at 19:45 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Macario Quote
You do have a dirty sensor.

But I am not really a fan of it. It sits bit between abstract and nature photography. Like it can't decide what it is. Also the halo around the rock formation is distracting.

The B&W conversion is nice though
Dirty sensor : True - sorry, should have seen that thing - needs a bit of spot removal.

Yes it does sit between the two - I intent was abstract though... Yes I could have had a better sky :-/ , it did not co-operate for 3 days, so gave up as I was there for a holiday. Halo is indeed distracting, I'll work on that.

Thank you for your honest and not-sugar-coated-opinion - MUCH appreciated.