Printed on Galerie FB G2
Selenium-toned

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
LiDE 300  Photo 
06-14-2021, 09:06 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
excellent tonality as usual Peter. excellent composition in terms of foreground detail and leading lines. If I have to nit-pick, then I would say that the top of the hill is uncomfortably close to the top of the frame, a bit of beathing space would IMHO be good.
06-15-2021, 01:17 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I have to agree with vijaykishan, the peak of the hill is too close to the frame.
Maybe use a 1:1 aspect ratio instead and crop away the top.
06-15-2021, 02:38 PM   #4
Admiral
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you for your comments. You are both right with your cropping ideas. The original
image has more sky and more foreground area. It doesn´t show here because I took
an 11"x14" print and scanned it on an 8"x10" scanner. What you see is more or less,
O.K. less, the central portion of the image, although the difference is not very big.

Attached Images

06-15-2021, 10:11 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Rockstroh Quote
Thank you for your comments. You are both right with your cropping ideas. The original
image has more sky and more foreground area. It doesn´t show here because I took
an 11"x14" print and scanned it on an 8"x10" scanner. What you see is more or less,
O.K. less, the central portion of the image, although the difference is not very big.
IMHO, Every mm on the top matters and in this, it is already looking but better than the 1st pic. It'd be fun to see the original in all its glory. Have you tried scanning in parts and stiching them on the PC - Hugin (a opensource software) in Mosaic mode might help.