Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2021, 05:44 PM - 4 Likes   #1
Admiral
Loyal Site Supporter

Jungle giant
Lens: 45 Camera: Pentax 67II Photo Location: Tikal National Park, Guatemala ISO: 250 

Jungle Giant, Tikal National Park, Guatemala
Pentax 67II
Tri-X @ ASA 160 in HC-110
Galerie FB G3 Selenium toned

Attached Images

06-15-2021, 10:19 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Marvelous place. Really showing through. Nice exposure. I would prefer a little more highlights but I can see that light coming through, so it’s anticipated...
06-16-2021, 06:46 AM   #3
Admiral
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you for your comments. These digital renditions of printed copies, processed by someone
with my computer skills, are a sad version of the originals. The print has full detail in the shadows
under the leaves in the upper right corner, as well as the foliage of the trees on the left.
06-17-2021, 04:57 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Peter, you have again managed to mesmarise your audience (again) with this masterpiece - really beautiful. The unbridled wilderness of the jungle is brought to the fore. Tonality as usual is topnotch and I appreciate that the print is probably a magnitude better the digital version you have presented here. Composition is IMHO on the dot, my eye catches the root on the right first, hops on the leaves goes up and decends back on the highlights on the right. Thanks for sharing.

06-17-2021, 09:05 AM - 1 Like   #5
Admiral
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vijaykishan Quote
Peter, you have again managed to mesmarise your audience (again) with this masterpiece - really beautiful. The unbridled wilderness of the jungle is brought to the fore. Tonality as usual is topnotch and I appreciate that the print is probably a magnitude better the digital version you have presented here. Composition is IMHO on the dot, my eye catches the root on the right first, hops on the leaves goes up and decends back on the highlights on the right. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Vijay. I had the opportunity to return on several occasions to Tikal and do similar work with large format. A tad more cumbersome but the results are worth every pound of extra luggage.
06-17-2021, 09:55 AM - 1 Like   #6
Admiral
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
There is a distinct difference in value separation and presence,
a somewhat three-dimensional feel to the larger format images.
It is particularly obvious in the brightest and darkest areas
Attached Images

06-18-2021, 01:42 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Rockstroh Quote
There is a distinct difference in value separation and presence,
a somewhat three-dimensional feel to the larger format images.
It is particularly obvious in the brightest and darkest areas
Wow, Indeed. I'm just lost for words; Truly astounding. Your pictures are not good for my pocket Peter - Now I'm dreaming in LF

06-18-2021, 03:22 PM - 1 Like   #8
Admiral
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vijaykishan Quote
Wow, Indeed. I'm just lost for words; Truly astounding. Your pictures are not good for my pocket Peter - Now I'm dreaming in LF
The cool thing about LF is that it is cheaper than MF- you donīt need an enlarger.
And there is NOTHING that gets even close to a LF contact print
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PerfectionV700  Photo 
06-19-2021, 04:21 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Rockstroh Quote
The cool thing about LF is that it is cheaper than MF- you donīt need an enlarger.
And there is NOTHING that gets even close to a LF contact print
Sir, you are the best LF enabler I have met; yet you don't speak much, your work does that!. My goodness, I must admit that this truly amazing; my jaw just dropped and took a walk. I can't even begin to fathom what would contact prints from the LF masters would look like! Please accept my heart-felt thank you for presenting this wonderful work here.