Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2021, 03:24 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Admiral
Loyal Site Supporter

The Waterfalls at Versalles, Guaduas, Colombia
Lens: 200 mm Camera: Pentax 67 II Photo Location: Guaduas, Colombia ISO: 250 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F11 

The Waterfall at Versalles, Guaduas
Pentax 67II. 200 mm
HP5 @ ISO 250 in Pyro PMK
Negative photographed and inverted in PS

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D5300  Photo 
08-25-2021, 06:23 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice image!
Loving the B&W. Somehow seems to say something more that way.
Angky.
08-26-2021, 06:01 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like this image, your B & W work is always excellent.

The thing that puzzles me though is its 22deg C here at the moment and too hot to go out, how do you manage to carry your gear in the heat and humidity of Columbia.
08-26-2021, 06:48 AM   #4
Admiral
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PenPusher Quote
I like this image, your B & W work is always excellent.

The thing that puzzles me though is its 22deg C here at the moment and too hot to go out, how do you manage to carry your gear in the heat and humidity of Columbia.
Thank you. First, I follow Edward Weston´s principle: "If its more than 500 yards from the car, its not photogenic". Second, I spend more time in Colombia photographing in the cold highlands than in the warmer areas; and third, I do most of my medium and large format work before 9:00 and after 4:00 P.M.

08-27-2021, 01:35 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Rockstroh Quote
Thank you. First, I follow Edward Weston´s principle: "If its more than 500 yards from the car, its not photogenic". Second, I spend more time in Colombia photographing in the cold highlands than in the warmer areas; and third, I do most of my medium and large format work before 9:00 and after 4:00 P.M.
Thank you - I was imagining you beating your way through a rain forest with a machete, I shall have to read up on Columbia.

CD
08-28-2021, 07:53 AM   #6
Admiral
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PenPusher Quote
Thank you - I was imagining you beating your way through a rain forest with a machete, I shall have to read up on Columbia.

CD
I do that too, though less and less. Unless I'm looking for specific plants or animals, I photograph mainly in areas that have an easier access.
Age and health become a burden that weighs more than the gear I'm usually schlepping with me.