Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2021, 01:52 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I think it is a beautiful image. The presence of a person doesn't damage the impression the image leaves with you.
Thanks Rondec - appreciated. The critique from the others though is fair IMHO. When I relook at the picture now (after I have lost a bit of emotional attachement to it), the presence of the person seems to be making the mountains look smaller. The acutal mountains though, were humungous. That said, I had no choice, either I get the reflection using a wide-angle or use a tele to get the scale right , so I opted for the former.

12-06-2021, 03:20 AM - 2 Likes   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by vijaykishan Quote
Thanks Rondec - appreciated. The critique from the others though is fair IMHO. When I relook at the picture now (after I have lost a bit of emotional attachement to it), the presence of the person seems to be making the mountains look smaller. The acutal mountains though, were humungous. That said, I had no choice, either I get the reflection using a wide-angle or use a tele to get the scale right , so I opted for the former.
I guess being a photographer I understand that the mountains are huge and that the wide angle lenses make distant things look smaller. Maybe positioning the person a little more off to one side would be better, but without them this would be a beautiful but fairly sterile image.
12-06-2021, 03:04 PM - 1 Like   #33
Pentaxian

The perfectly symmetrical composition is a little...too perfect. I would crop off some bottom water to put the top yellow person in the true center, which accents the grandeur of being there.
12-06-2021, 05:40 PM - 1 Like   #34
Forum Member

I like this shot, maybe the model should be positioned a little bit on the left to be exactly between the two mountains. I like the colours and the pop up colours of the model. Nice !

12-07-2021, 03:30 AM   #35
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I guess being a photographer I understand that the mountains are huge and that the wide angle lenses make distant things look smaller. Maybe positioning the person a little more off to one side would be better, but without them this would be a beautiful but fairly sterile image.
Agree that without the person, it would be another landscape unless there was a huge drama happening in the sky or foreground; just another pretty picture; Given the circumstances and the locale, this is the best I could do, unfortunately. Maybe when I visit the site next time, I'll try to come up with another idea. Thank you for your thoughtful comment.

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
The perfectly symmetrical composition is a little...too perfect. I would crop off some bottom water to put the top yellow person in the true center, which accents the grandeur of being there.
Interesting thought indeed SpecialK, I'll try that.

QuoteOriginally posted by vinbenito Quote
I like this shot, maybe the model should be positioned a little bit on the left to be exactly between the two mountains. I like the colours and the pop up colours of the model. Nice !
Cant move the model now, she's probably in Russia or Italy right now ; I'll try with another one next time I go there. Thank you very much for the suggestion, will keep that in mind.
12-14-2021, 06:09 AM - 1 Like   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
I echo this. It's personal taste, but my brain seems to center on the yellow first and that's where the individuality comes in. I'd center on the person vs average of the person+reflection for example. That aside, I like the shot and jealous of the location access
12-15-2021, 02:11 AM   #37
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GhostRed7 Quote
I echo this. It's personal taste, but my brain seems to center on the yellow first and that's where the individuality comes in. I'd center on the person vs average of the person+reflection for example. That aside, I like the shot and jealous of the location access
Thanks GhostRed - Gladyou liked the image. Interesting point on the point of view of different observers - appreciated. That said, the location is public - anyone can go and click a picture.The thing about the dolomites is, it is so picturesque that it is almost guaranteedthat every picture one takes is likey to be a keeper.

03-09-2022, 03:50 PM - 1 Like   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is an evening shot taken in the Italian dolomites during Autumn/Fall. C&C welcome.
Very fine. Interesting light/color/reflection. good perhaps accidental pose/reflection.
11-16-2023, 10:01 AM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is an evening shot taken in the Italian dolomites during Autumn/Fall. C&C welcome.
Wow, so nice !
Would love to be there !
11-17-2023, 07:39 AM   #40
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The light here is beautiful! If it was me, I would have also taken one without the person. I hope you did. The main problem for me is that you have plonked her right in the middle which isn't very dynamic. I also agree with someone else who said show less of the reflection and more of the sky.
11-18-2023, 07:00 AM   #41
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Superb image nothing wrong with it all
11-19-2023, 07:06 AM   #42
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by AgentL Quote
I'm not personally trying to answer with the jaded view of a photo-internet-junkie, I'm just saying it's hard to make a landscape photo that is new, and a human element, while not part of the grand landscape tradition (which has become rather derivative and boring, honestly), can make a photo more dynamic. If a photographer chooses to put a person in a photo, I think replying something like "too bad there's a person in it" is short-sighted and clinging to a style that's been done to death. That's all.
I think your view is quite misguided...
11-20-2023, 04:19 PM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rpjallan Quote
I think your view is quite misguided...
Thanks for the drive-by. Hahah.
11-25-2023, 12:55 PM   #44
Forum Member

I mean what a location Very well aranged and nice reflection!