Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 27 Likes Search this Thread
11-23-2021, 09:14 AM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Beautiful image. Love the way the trail draws you into the image and the layers of the various mountain peaks in the distance.

11-24-2021, 04:08 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Poonis5 Quote
It's great but it looks like the quality suffered after compressing
intriguing comment, you might be right. I suppose it also depends on which medium the picture is viewed on, I might have optimised this for a 4K 27" with slightly higher pixel density, which inexorably might look a bit more pixelated - this is just a guess - happy to receive other views.

I thank you nonetheless for making me aware of this.
11-24-2021, 04:10 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Beautiful image. Love the way the trail draws you into the image and the layers of the various mountain peaks in the distance.
Thank you Rondec - Yes, it was the trail that drew me to click this picture. I have to then find a suitable subject/object for anchoring the image in the foreground, which thankfully was just there. It was almost too good to be true from a photography point of view.
11-26-2021, 09:41 AM - 1 Like   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice looking - must go there

11-27-2021, 02:19 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by henrikpedersen33 Quote
Nice looking - must go there
Indeed ! it is really a must go place, and not just once ! Thanks and glad you liked the picture
11-27-2021, 05:54 PM - 1 Like   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Another wonderful image from the Dolomites. I spent two weeks climbing there in 1973. It's a place I always intended to return to but that seems unlikely now. Thanks for posting.
11-28-2021, 06:17 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JimS_256 Quote
Another wonderful image from the Dolomites. I spent two weeks climbing there in 1973. It's a place I always intended to return to but that seems unlikely now. Thanks for posting.
1973 ! wow, that's a long time ago. Would be good to hear your story from that time. Actually there are roads that go practically eveywhere and there is no need for a hike, if you cant. The Italien govt seem to have made it easy for practically anyone to visit and appreciate the Dolomites. Glad you like the image and I wish you get a chance to visit the place again. This one is on my must visit again list as well.

11-30-2021, 11:00 AM - 1 Like   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Excellent composition. The color contrast is very pleasing , with the brush of yellow cracking the tonal sequence. I think the vertical frame works perfectly. There are multiple things to look at, all blended nicely. Very interesting shot.
11-30-2021, 01:39 PM - 1 Like   #24
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Michail_P Quote
Excellent composition. The color contrast is very pleasing , with the brush of yellow cracking the tonal sequence. I think the vertical frame works perfectly. There are multiple things to look at, all blended nicely. Very interesting shot.
Thanks Michall - your thoughtful comment is appreciated. I usually don't do vertical landscapes, but I gave myself a challage to do so, glad you liked it.
12-01-2021, 07:47 PM - 1 Like   #25
Forum Member

Nice work, Great composition ! Did you have a lot of post processing to obtain that shot ?
12-02-2021, 02:30 AM - 1 Like   #26
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vinbenito Quote
Nice work, Great composition ! Did you have a lot of post processing to obtain that shot ?
Thanks vinbenito, glad you like it. Postprocessing yes - but not much actually - some basic stuff and a few detail highlights. I use Darktable to finalise the picture, there is no heavy image manipulation involved - no extra elements added nor removed. ie., no cloud replacements, object additions, removal etc.
12-03-2021, 02:52 PM - 1 Like   #27

Nice capture. Looks to me like a bit too much clarity or dehaze in post. Love the scene though.
12-05-2021, 08:49 AM   #28
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ddbarchitect Quote
Nice capture. Looks to me like a bit too much clarity or dehaze in post. Love the scene though.
thanks for the comment, I'll look into that - somehow in the low-res version, things get a bit wonky
11-16-2023, 09:08 AM   #29

Very nice composition, I like how the path and the folds of the valley lead my eye deeper into it.
11-17-2023, 07:24 AM   #30
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
This is a nice image but I think you have a bit too much foreground. I would crop it where the path starts. Also, I think the most interesting part is the light falling on the trees at the middle right. I would have emphasised that more. And the sky...